CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Racism based on experience?

FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Racism based on experience? Empty Racism based on experience?

Post by FightSleep Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:01 am

I was wondering if anyone developed any sorta hatred for a certain race, because of something someone did to you?

I've been mugged twice in my life. Once by some middle-easterners, and once by some natives. I was threatened with a knife, and they stole everything i had with me. And no, I wasn't shooting my mouth off or anything, I was just walking, alone, not doing anything to draw attention to myself. Of course the cops wouldn't do much. They never do. Cops are useless (unless you're going 51 Km/H in a 50 Km/H zone, then they're all over you like flies on a dog shit.)

This happened a long time ago, and i try to forget it, but when I see groups of either of these people, I get an uneasy feeling, and sometimes I take a little detour to avoid them. I also keep my doors locked, and windows shut while I'm driving, even though my AC doesn't work. I'd rather die of heat stroke than to be killed by gangs of you-know-whats.

And i never carry too much cash with me, and i leave both my birth certificate, and my social insurance card at home. I'd carry a weapon with me if i have to go outside at night, but that would be illegal. Apparently more illegal than getting your ass kicked by an ethnic gang.

And you know what's worse? The fact that no one tries to help you. Cars keep going by, people walking by avoid the scene, while I'm being beaten up by these fuckwipes. Then i'm laying in agony, and no one gives a shit. I have no respect for this filthy city sometimes.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Racism based on experience? Empty Re: Racism based on experience?

Post by tmontyb Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:11 am

^^^^^^^Who are the natives? Black people?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:24 am

If someone didn't already harbor racist/bigoted feelings toward a certain group, then one negative experience with someone....who happens to be of that group....is not going to suddenly create those sentiments. They'll recognize that it is the individual who was wrong, and not be inclined to take it out of everyone in that designation. It's closet racists who will pounce on any opportunity to use a negative example to justify their simmering views.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:49 pm

Marc wrote:If someone didn't already harbor racist/bigoted feelings toward a certain group, then one negative experience with someone....who happens to be of that group....is not going to suddenly create those sentiments. They'll recognize that it is the individual who was wrong, and not be inclined to take it out of everyone in that designation. It's closet racists who will pounce on any opportunity to use a negative example to justify their simmering views.

Perfecto.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:12 pm