CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Is it me or has the writing for Todd finally improved some?

Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 1

Is it me or has the writing for Todd finally improved some? Empty Is it me or has the writing for Todd finally improved some?

Post by Pilaring Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:12 pm

Is it me or has the writing for Todd finally improved some?

It's nowhere near perfect and I prefer to get more insights into his demons and feelings but it's been more sympathetic and less trashing Todd 24/7 by rest of Llanview the last few months. He was written as Téa's rock and amazing during the cancer story. Sure, I hated that Cole got a free pass for attempting to murder Todd but I can't deny I was thrilled RC ceased to trash Todd to prop up SOLE. Now SOLE's breakup is solely on their shoulders, Todd can't be blamed if Cole as rumored goes off to prison.

Even John McPain was civil to Todd when he expressed condolences over losing Tea and agreed with Natalie it's a shame Todd is losing custody of his daughter to scum like Ross.

Todd received a hard-earned payoff for his patience with Dani, I LOVE YOU DAD. Sniff.

I wish we'd get more insights into Todd's demons and his bottled up feelings losing Téa but at very least I don't see the kicking boy of Llanview anymore. He got to shoot Bull and rescue his daughters and this week he shoots Evil Eli. Rumors have it he and John do work together to save Starr, Hope, Dani and Téa versus long ranger super hero saves everyone while Todd screws up.

I'm hoping we get to see Todd confront Greg and get some real payback for the hell he was put through. But I also hope RC lets Todd face the karmatic payback of his own can of dirt. Let the character be the one to make the connection, let Todd grow up a little by getting that irony thrust back at him. Let TnT acknowledge they walked in John and Marty's shoes somewhat.

Last edited by Pilaring on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Is it me or has the writing for Todd finally improved some? Empty Re: Is it me or has the writing for Todd finally improved some?

Post by Chris Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:53 am

It has, but the unfortunate part is that it's improving at the mantle of the writers lessening the focus on him. I notice that whenever it's Todd's stage, they tend to do some questionable things. But when he's not the central (or only) focus, they tend to write him with more discretion and tact.
    aublack40
    aublack40
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Is it me or has the writing for Todd finally improved some? Empty Re: Is it me or has the writing for Todd finally improved some?

Post by aublack40 Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:24 pm

it has improved but i think the writers are afraid or unwilling to explore todd's inner demons.
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by JeanMerc82 Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:14 pm

I would know it has improved when Blair disappears from TnT+D life forever!
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Chris wrote:It has, but the unfortunate part is that it's improving at the mantle of the writers lessening the focus on him. I notice that whenever it's Todd's stage, they tend to do some questionable things. But when he's not the central (or only) focus, they tend to write him with more discretion and tact.

I do agree RC writes best for Todd when he's sharing the focus with someone else.

Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:01 pm

aublack40 wrote:it has improved but i think the writers are afraid or unwilling to explore todd's inner demons.

RC can be a shallow writer and frustrates me how he pens certain parallels and then just glosses over them.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 pm

It has but I just want to know why do they write him to be his own worst enemy with the things they write him to do. Why is no one else written to do such things?
    Pilaring
    Pilaring
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by Pilaring Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:13 pm

gmruss4 wrote:It has but I just want to know why do they write him to be his own worst enemy with the things they write him to do. Why is no one else written to do such things?
    ALL writers have penned Todd as his own worst enemy. That's an inherent character trait going back to his first days on the show.

I was smiling today when he was written SMART in goading Ross into losing his temper with the cops as witnesses. I'd like to see more of that, goading others into losing it versus always losing it himself.

I also liked how Todd played it with Nate, come on kid you're on MY side against Ross here. Todd learned Nate knows where Dani is today that's obvious. I liked his quiet vs overt threat too.

Anyhoo, now I am just hoping tomorrow when John explains Greg hiding Elijah, that flashbulbs go off in his head and gets his cell phone call traced to that nurse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am