CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Night of the Living Dead

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Night of the Living Dead Empty Night of the Living Dead

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Who remembers it? Who loves it? And do you prefer the '68 version or the '90 version? I love them both, on one hand, I HATE the bastard Harry Cooper is in the remake, in the original, he's more tolerable, he's not screaming his head off at every little thing...but I LOVE the kick ass Barbara in the remake who blows away anything that comes in her path. AND I love that in both of these movies, but especially the remake, it's not the government stepping in to kill the zombies and save the people, it is the hillbillies and the rednecks, the common blue collar people who are saving the day.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Night of the Living Dead Empty Re: Night of the Living Dead

Post by Tony Marino Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Love both of them!! I like in the original where Barbara's brother was tormenting her in the cemetery saying "They're coming to get your Barbara" that was pretty funny LOL. The new one was really good, like you said SN, the kick ass Barbara in the new one vs. the Wimpy Whiny one from the old version is much better. Not too long ago I saw the Old Barbara in a movie, it was pretty recent and I almost didn't recognize her. The movie sucked by the way. Now I want to see the 90 version, gotta pull out the DVD.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Wal-Mart has a new edition DVD of the original movie with commentaries, a documentary, and the last interview with Duane Jones who played Ben. My brother grabbed it up and I can't wait to see all the behind the scenes parts.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:46 am

Supernova wrote:Wal-Mart has a new edition DVD of the original movie with commentaries, a documentary, and the last interview with Duane Jones who played Ben. My brother grabbed it up and I can't wait to see all the behind the scenes parts.

I probably have it, I have like 3 versions of the old one from when it first came to DVD when I would see a new packaging I would buy it. I have to look for them and compare.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 am