CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

30th Anniversary edition of Night of the Living Dead

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

30th Anniversary edition of Night of the Living Dead Empty 30th Anniversary edition of Night of the Living Dead

Post by Supernova Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:50 pm

Has anybody here seen this redoing (and butchering) of the movie? If so, as we all know, they changed the music, took scenes out, put new crap in, and it was very annoying. Now, curiosity had been biting at me for years to see what was done that was so different, so I finally broke down and got a copy last year...and in the beginning....I like the beginning of the movie, the new scenes there, however there are some parts of it I don't appreciate, that irritating as hell reverend for one...and if anybody's seen this movie and knows what I'm talking aobut, were there REALLY preachers in the 60s who look like that? He just looks too modern to belong there, a bit neo....Nazi-ish maybe?

Anyway, making the first and most iconic zombie an executed child rapist, that one didn't do anything for me, it's not for us to know what these things were in life, just that they used to be alive and aren't anymore but they're still running around biting people. But I digress, I kind of like the beginning of the movie, and with the newer scenes, the new music score works, it's still creepy, it's not the trademark living dead da da da da da da daaaaaaa!, but I still think it's good, but like I said, for the newer parts, not when Barbara and Johnny are coming up to the cemetery.

And that ending, sooooooo bad and that reverend is once again, SO annoying, this guy gives religious fanatic nutjobs a bad name, and they should've killed him at the end.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

30th Anniversary edition of Night of the Living Dead Empty Re: 30th Anniversary edition of Night of the Living Dead

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Hmmm I didn't know there was a 30th anniv. edition out there. I am tempted to send for it Amazon has it real cheap.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

30th Anniversary edition of Night of the Living Dead Empty Re: 30th Anniversary edition of Night of the Living Dead

Post by Supernova Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:34 pm

When it's cheap it's definitely worth a viewing, it's interesting, but after seeing it I think most people understand why you don't really hear about it anymore.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:35 pm

Supernova wrote:When it's cheap it's definitely worth a viewing, it's interesting, but after seeing it I think most people understand why you don't really hear about it anymore.

I have to look in my collection and make sure I don't have it already, I forget sometimes what I have and I have some different versions of NOTLD including the colorized version.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:53 pm

The tacky color version where the zombies are green? Or the new and improved one? Because I got my brother that first one (we didn't know), haven't seen what the color looks like improved.

The box art for 30th anniversary is a gray clamshell with the same picture of Barbara blown up in the center and then in little squares on the top and bottom, and if you get that one, at the end of the movie is a short clip from a movie from the 80s called FleshEater which had the SAME first graveyard zombie from NOTLD. And that actor revised the same role for extra scenes in the 30th anniversary footage, so to play the same zombie 3 times during your career, I think that's something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 8:07 pm