CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Alan Smithee
RiteDiva
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
Chris
kinetic
12 posters

Are Opposite Gender restrooms necessary?

kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

Are Opposite Gender restrooms necessary? Empty Are Opposite Gender restrooms necessary?

Post by kinetic Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Do you think it's still that necessary for men and women to have separate restrooms in public?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are Opposite Gender restrooms necessary? Empty Re: Are Opposite Gender restrooms necessary?

Post by Chris Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Some smaller businesses do have unisex restrooms. The larger businesses with a lot of foot traffic are required to have two rest facilities, and if they're going to have two, then they may as well make it m/f. At this point in time, I think it's more for organization sake than modesty.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are Opposite Gender restrooms necessary? Empty Re: Are Opposite Gender restrooms necessary?

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:24 pm

In my own opinion, I don't even like the idea of having to share a restroom with other women, forget men.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Yes! It is still necessary, for many reasons. Wink
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Of course. Too many pervs out there.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:23 am

Absolutely necssary if it is multi-stall. But if it is a one room/stall unisex, I am fine with that.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:27 am

I used to take these three neighbor kids to the movies...and of course somebody would ALWAYS have to go to the bathroom, usually more than once...and if it was the sister, I'd wait outside the ladies room while she went in, and if the little brother had to go, I sent the older brother in after him, because they were my responsibility and I didn't want to take a chance on somebody snatching one of them up. If the room had been unisex, I'd have had to go in there and wait around for them because just women, that's one thing, just men, that's one thing, but both of them together, I wouldn't be taking any chances on that.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:48 am

RedBedroom wrote:Absolutely necssary if it is multi-stall. But if it is a one room/stall unisex, I am fine with that.
    Well, that's quite common.
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:28 am

Yes. Unisex restrooms are fine only if it's one at a time usage. I see this as more of an adult/child appropriateness thing. Grown men don't need to be in the same vicinity as a ten year girl uses the toilet, ten year old boys don't need to be in the same restrooms with grown women.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:02 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Well, that's quite common.

It is not common around here at all. There are many bars, restaurants, and gas stations that have single stall, but the almost alwasys have two.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:31 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

It is not common around here at all. There are many bars, restaurants, and gas stations that have single stall, but the almost alwasys have two.

Do you mean a true uni-sex toilet room? I say true because single-user toilet rooms (1 lavatory and 1 WC)are not uncommon but I've never been in a multi-user toilet room that is open to men and women.

And yes, i think they're definitely necessary.

Last edited by alan smithee on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To answer the question)
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:36 pm

I think separate bathrooms are completely necessary! Unless, like some posters have mentioned, it's a unisex bathroom that can only take one person at a time - I'm okay with that. But a bathroom with stalls and everything definitely need to be separated into genders - I don't want to be in a stall changing a bloody pad or tampon with a fella on the other side of the wall!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:33 am

alan smithee wrote:

Do you mean a true uni-sex toilet room? I say true because single-user toilet rooms (1 lavatory and 1 WC)are not uncommon but I've never been in a multi-user toilet room that is open to men and women.

And yes, i think they're definitely necessary.

What is a WC?

What I said with spelling errors (!) was that places that have bathrooms that are single have two. One single room for each sex, and not one room that has just one toilet and it is for both.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:12 am

LOL, sorry, I forgot I was talking to a "civilian". Toilet room design, etc. is sometimes part of my job. "WC" stands for water closet which is a toilet. I think I've got it now. You mean a rest room (for women only in your case) that has more than one stall? In public places like restuarants, large office buildings, etc., yes, they are the norm but the single rooms with just 1 can and lav aren't uncommon either in some locations. It all depends on the size of the establishment because it's the occupant load (how many people are in the building) that determines the minimum number of fixtures that have to be provided.
    LVJoel
    LVJoel
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by LVJoel Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Unisex restrooms are common in most of Europe and in Asia. Stalls have doors that are lockable, and no one seems to have a problem with it, except the Americans.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:15 pm

LVJoel wrote:Unisex restrooms are common in most of Europe and in Asia. Stalls have doors that are lockable, and no one seems to have a problem with it, except the Americans.

Americans suck!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:10 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:

Americans suck!

Do they swallow too?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Marc wrote:

Do they swallow too?

I don't know about that but Aunt Arctica spits.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:59 pm