CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Automatic public restrooms

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Automatic public restrooms Empty Automatic public restrooms

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Since we're on the subject of public restrooms anyway...what are your thoughts on the newer designs that have the machines doing everything? Self flushing toilets...sinks that have no knobs, you just stick your hand under it and the water comes on.

Ellen Degeneres talked about all this in one of her standup performances once, and I'm watching it and laughing my ass off, that's so funny, ha ha, then, next time I head out to Wal-Mart and use their restroom, IT'S the same way, and then it stops being funny. I don't like it...I want to know when the day came that handles and knobs became too complicated for people to use. And the excuse of germs? Well how do you lock the stall door? With your shoe? Everybody's gotta touch that, that's one thing they haven't made able to work itself yet, thankfully.

It's bad enough that they have toilet paper like sandpaper, but now this? What're your thoughts on it?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Automatic public restrooms Empty Re: Automatic public restrooms

Post by CeCe Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:53 pm

I think part of the reasoning is that people would sometimes turn the water on & just leave it running or try to run the sinks over because some people are just jerks. And the self flushing toilet..well you know why. The problem with those is that they often flush before you need them to & then you have to make motions to get it to flush again. There's never enough run time on the water & it makes the public restroom an even more unpleasant experience than it was to start with.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:06 pm

Exactly, now public restrooms are already something you want to avoid altogether, but this kind of stuff just makes it worse.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:25 am

I don't like when they don't flush right, but overall, I am a fan of anything automatic in public restrooms.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:25 am

I used to take these three neighbor kids to the movies...and of course somebody would ALWAYS have to go to the bathroom, usually more than once...and if it was the sister, I'd wait outside the ladies room while she went in, and if the little brother had to go, I sent the older brother in after him, because they were my responsibility and I didn't want to take a chance on somebody snatching one of them up. If the room had been unisex, I'd have had to go in there and wait around for them because just women, that's one thing, just men, that's one thing, but both of them together, I wouldn't be taking any chances on that.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:37 am

I must be missing something...wouldn't it have been easier for you to have a unisex bath so that you could take all at one time?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:41 pm