CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

I broke my golden friendship rule.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

I broke my golden friendship rule. Empty I broke my golden friendship rule.

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:50 pm

One of my rules is that I do not dish to friends about my guy. For several reasons. First of all being that I am going to fogive him faster than any friend of mine will and I can't take back what has been said. Plus, we all tend to be one sided when we are venting, and that is not fair to my guy when he is not there to state his case. A third reason is that as soon as one begins to vent about another, the listener at times partakes in the "bashing."

Anyhoo, today is a shitty day for a laundry list of reasons (my "lovely" getting top billing on said list) and I vented to a friend. And man, did she piss me off. She took part in the bashing and I just did not want to hear it. She was speaking of a work project that isn't even his, but rather his brother's. So, stupid, stupid me broke my rule and made things worse in the process.

I guess all this post is, is a vent and a little word of caution to never break your friendship rules.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

I broke my golden friendship rule. Empty Re: I broke my golden friendship rule.

Post by Marc™ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:15 pm

RedBedroom wrote:One of my rules is that I do not dish to friends about my guy. For several reasons. First of all being that I am going to fogive him faster than any friend of mine will and I can't take back what has been said. Plus, we all tend to be one sided when we are venting, and that is not fair to my guy when he is not there to state his case. A third reason is that as soon as one begins to vent about another, the listener at times partakes in the "bashing."

Anyhoo, today is a shitty day for a laundry list of reasons (my "lovely" getting top billing on said list) and I vented to a friend. And man, did she piss me off. She took part in the bashing and I just did not want to hear it. She was speaking of a work project that isn't even his, but rather his brother's. So, stupid, stupid me broke my rule and made things worse in the process.

I guess all this post is, is a vent and a little word of caution to never break your friendship rules.

You: He doesn't wash the dishes, leaves the toilet seat up, hogs the TV, let's the kid stay up past his bedtime....
    Her: He got those big ass ears too, beady little eyes and hands that look like he cracks walnuts. Ask anybody, I said that shit wasn't gonna last.
    You: What?

Heh. Nothing wrong with venting, but yeah....if you just want someone to listen....don't shit talk your guy to the opinionated girlfriend.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:48 pm

LOL, that really made me laugh!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:48 pm