CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
Tony Marino
Chris
7 posters

Did your parents make you eat your vegetables?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Did your parents make you eat your vegetables? Empty Did your parents make you eat your vegetables?

Post by Chris Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:07 am

When you were a kid, did you resist eating vegetables your parents made with dinner?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Did your parents make you eat your vegetables? Empty Re: Did your parents make you eat your vegetables?

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:44 am

Yep all the time, my Mom did not force the issue, thank god for the family dog who used to hang under the table sometimes.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Did your parents make you eat your vegetables? Empty Re: Did your parents make you eat your vegetables?

Post by Supernova Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:55 am

Funny you mention that because I was just going to start a thread on 'did you eat your vegetables as a kid?' You know, you hear all the time on TV and in commercials that kids will NOT eat their vegetables, will NOT eat anything healthy, and even when I was a kid I was scratching my head on that one because it didn't make sense. Yes, I hated carrots and got burnt out on green beans, and so I always got that (you're not leaving this table until you eat ALL you food) but I never ate the green beans because I hated them, however, I DID eat peas, lima beans, spinach, corn, asparagus, potatoes and broccoli, I liked those. So I never could understand a kid who hated ALL vegetables, refused to eat ANYTHING that was healthy. So likewise I never got those commercials of 'it's healthy, but don't tell your kids that or they won't eat it'...I never got that because even back then I knew healthy did not necessarily equal disgusting or tasteless or whatever.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:07 pm

The only vegetables I liked as a kid were Corn, and peas and carrots and I liked salad. As an adult I eat most all vegetables now, even the ones I didn't like as a kid. When we were kids we stayed healthy because we went outside with other kids and did recreational activities all day not like today, kids are so unhealthy because you can't tear them away from the computer, video games and texting.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Yes my mom used to be unwavering with vegetables. We'd have to sit there until they were eaten, no matter how long it took.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Unlike other kids I didn't make a big show of hating and refusing to eat them. I would just swallow them fast before my tongue was too bothered tasting them. I will say though that green peas are DISGUSTING. Vomit
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Marc™️ wrote:Unlike other kids I didn't make a big show of hating and refusing to eat them. I would just swallow them fast before my tongue was too bothered tasting them. I will say though that green peas are DISGUSTING. Vomit

There's another kind? I LOVED peas as a kid, those were my absolute favorite, of course we always bought Le Seur which might have something to do with it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:11 pm

For the most part. I never had a problem with vegatables. I liked fruit as well.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:21 am

I liked enough vegetables so it wasn't an issue. One time though, I must have been about 6 or 7, I was sitting at the table whining about not wanting to eat the grapefruit one of my parents had put in front of me. I think it was dear old dad who was being the hard case because my mother was rushing around to get ready for her shift as a hospital volunteer. Well this was before my palate became more sophisticated so I just did not want to eat that grapefruit. Finally my mother had had enough so she said something like, “You don’t want to eat it? Fine!”, and hocked a big loggie on it. Welllllll, my father could have beat me with a rubber hose…that grapefruit went in the garbage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:06 pm