CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Nystyle709
Nhaiyel
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
MandyPerfumeGirl
Kral
12 posters

Should parents make kids ride in the back?

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Should parents make kids ride in the back? Empty Should parents make kids ride in the back?

Post by Kral Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:13 pm

When you were a little kid did your parents make you ride in the backseat or let you sit up front? I always sat in the back. Me and my brother both. Until we were about 10. Back then it was because we would try and fight over the front seat so my parents just made us both sit in the back to end that dispute. Do you think parents should make kids ride in the back?
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Should parents make kids ride in the back? Empty Re: Should parents make kids ride in the back?

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:34 pm

If there's more than one child, like you and your brother, it might be a good idea to make both kids sit in back to make things fair, therefore avoiding fights, etc., but in my case I always sat up front because I was (and still am, lol) an only child.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Should parents make kids ride in the back? Empty Re: Should parents make kids ride in the back?

Post by Marc™ Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Hell no I didn't sit in the back. Even at 5 years old, I had more dignity than that.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:40 pm

2 parents means I sit in the back. FORGIVENESS MAN Razz
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:34 pm

When it was just me in the car, I ALWAYS sat up front, and so far back as my memory serves, no car seat, and I didn't start wearing a sealt belt until I was 7. Then when my brother rode with us, I had to sit in the back cuz I'm younger.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Yeah, I sat in the back and it wasn't until I got older that I realized what kind of death trap situations my M & P were putting me in. The first family car I remember was a VW Bug convertible and sometimes they would let me sit in the rear compartment where the top would fold in to. If we ever got rear-ended I was dead meat. I would have been the flying debris that killed my parents in the front. After my brother came along, we had our fair share of station wagons. Most of the time we sat in the “way back”. Same deal. If we ever got hit from behind there was only a flimsy door and some faux wood paneling between us and eternity. Our parents probably would have made it though.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:14 pm

My parents never made me sit in the back, except for when they were both in the car or when another adult was. Otherwise, in the front seat I went.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:43 pm

^^^^ Yup.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:55 pm

I rode up front if both parents were not along. My son is 11 and I just let him start sitting in front. But that is because I worry about the air bag.
    Ghost1P
    Ghost1P
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Ghost1P Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Kral wrote:When you were a little kid did your parents make you ride in the backseat or let you sit up front? I always sat in the back. Me and my brother both. Until we were about 10. Back then it was because we would try and fight over the front seat so my parents just made us both sit in the back to end that dispute. Do you think parents should make kids ride in the back?

It depends. LOL I'm joking I'm joking...

My children sit in the back because that is the safest place for them.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:04 pm

We switched, but not when we were really young. We were both always in the back then. Kids aren't supposed to be in the front until they're a certain age or height, esp. with airbags, so when I have kids, I'll go with that, as it's safest to have them in the back.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:21 pm

It's the law here that kids up to 8 yrs old and/or under 4'9 have to ride in a booster seat in the back. Thank God that law wasn't in effect when I was that age, I can't imagine being forced to ride in a booster seat back when I was 8 yrs old! no

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:56 pm