CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
RedBedroom
Shale
MandyPerfumeGirl
Impact
Alan Smithee
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
RobbieFTW
12 posters

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs - Page 2 Empty Re: Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

Hey, I am not saying the terms aren't juvenile. They just are not some big hateful slurs. It's petty teenage insulting that a large majority of teens partake in. A teen calling something "so gay" or anything like that is a newsstory? I don't care how famous the person is; it's ridiculous.

You're being an apologist for ignorance.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs - Page 2 Empty Re: Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:50 pm

alan smithee wrote:

You're being an apologist for ignorance.
    Nah, I'm being an apologist for common sense which is often mistaken for ignorance for those not in touch with it. Wink Sorry, couldn't resist having a "quote" moment. FORGIVENESS MAN But seriously, the only thing I am being an apologist for here is not making a big deal over a teen acting like a teen. Razz
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:21 pm

No. You’re defending ignorance. The ages of those who use the term is irrelevant. You can stick your tongue out at me all you want but common sense has nothing to do with listening to people your age use words that are slurs and then throw up your hands and say, “what’s the big deal? Boys will be boys wink nudge wink nudge.” I’m not making a big deal about it either. I didn’t say they should be suspended from school or made to work in an AIDS clinic. I said they’re ignorant. Because they are.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:15 pm

alan smithee wrote:No. You’re defending ignorance. The ages of those who use the term is irrelevant. You can stick your tongue out at me all you want but common sense has nothing to do with listening to people your age use words that are slurs and then throw up your hands and say, “what’s the big deal? Boys will be boys wink nudge wink nudge.” I’m not making a big deal about it either. I didn’t say they should be suspended from school or made to work in an AIDS clinic. I said they’re ignorant. Because they are.

And they are ignorant, I never denied that. I am not defending ignorance at all. What I am doing is fight AGAINST ignorance in ANOTHER form by people even talking about a teenager using this language. If it weren't Willow Palin, nobody would even notice. What I am saying is that America needs to grow up. This shouldn't be news. A teenager has a mouth? SO WHAT! That's my point. I ain't defending ignorance; I'm just attacking ignorant fuss over it. Razz
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Whatever you say chief.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:28 pm

^^^^That's the spirit. Razz
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Of course Forgiveness Man thinks it's no big whomp. Just slurs at a minority group that judo-christian society doesn't accept anyway so whatever. Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs - Page 2 11852
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:53 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:Of course Forgiveness Man thinks it's no big whomp. Just slurs at a minority group that judo-christian society doesn't accept anyway so whatever. Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs - Page 2 11852

Just like you'd have no problem if she slurred against Catholics? :rme: If she actually said something homophoic, I'd be the first to criticize her. Some people just like to use nothing as an excuse to justify their own prejudices and that's all this Willow debacle is.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
    Some people just like to use nothing as an excuse to justify their own prejudices and that's all this Willow debacle is.
    Yep, got that right.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Shale wrote:
    Yep, got that right.
    Glad you agree. Razz
    kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

Post by kinetic Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:36 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Sarah also has nothing to do with this either; it was about her daughter yet you used it to take cheap shots at her. That too was only a ploy to dilute the conversation.

Bottom Line? Um no, that is your OPINION and nothing more. And Obama doesn't use cliff notes cause he has a nice teleprompter that he reads and cannot function well without. I brought him up merely to show the double standards when it comes to poor grammar/speechgiving/having to read something.

And I doubt you'd ever see his daughters in the news cause the media only gives the Palin's the colonoscopy. Razz If his daughters did that, you'd never be told. Of course seeing as they probably don't have FB accounts yet due to their age, it's a moot comparison.

The real bottom line is that people can't find real things to stone the Palin's with, so they nitpick whatever they can. Yeah, Willow talked fowly on Facebook in improper grammar, like every other teenager in modern America. Forums and Facebook aren't known for proper grammar by ANYBODY; internet slang is commonplace nowadays. And they say when all else fails, attack grammar. Razz

Willow didn't do anything wrong and I think everyone knows it too. They just have some uncanny hatred for her mother that they are willing to hate her for whatever they can make stick. Plenty of other people have used much more offensive language and it doesn't even show up on the radar. People just wanna hate on the Palin's; she exposes them for who they really are. The ironic thing is that if it weren't for people who nitpick anything and everything the Palin's do, they'd have faded into obscurity a long time ago. Everytime I turn on the newsfeeds, there's something new about the Palins and it most often has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything. It's as if the liberals secretly lust after this family.

That a huge national public figure has a child speaking like this really says a bunch about how Sarah raised her children, and thus a bunch how Sarah actually lives when not in the media spotlight.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:17 pm

kinetic wrote:That a huge national public figure has a child speaking like this really says a bunch about how Sarah raised her children, and thus a bunch how Sarah actually lives when not in the media spotlight.
    No it really doesn't. As people have said, parents have no way to stop their children from doing what they want, right? That's what others here have said. So Willow would've talked liked this no matter what Sarah did, just like Bristol would've had sex. Parents just have no control over their kids. Wink

And in all honesty, she hasn't said anything all that bad. Politicians have said worse. Willow goes to school and hangs with other teens. This is hardly a reflection of Sarah. It's more just a reflection that her kids are not some sheltered hermits who never get to experience the real world. Teens are teens; it may not be right but let's stop acting like it's anything more than proof that all teens go through an immature phase. I think the only reason people read any more into it is because they want to.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

Just like you'd have no problem if she slurred against Catholics? :rme:

Assumptions.

If she actually said something homophoic, I'd be the first to criticize her. Some people just like to use nothing as an excuse to justify their own prejudices and that's all this Willow debacle is.

Last time I checked calling someone gay in an negative and accusatory way is homophobic and "faggot" was a slur but whatever. Your making excuses & playing this down because you see the Palin's as the anti-Obama's and because you harbor homophobia yourself.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:21 pm

^^^^now who is assuming?

I harbor nothing homophobic whatsoever. As for the My views on Sarah, I could say that you only overstate this cause you hate the family. Don't try to say what I mean.

Willow didn't say anything homophobic. She made an immature and typical teenage rant. I am not excusing it but merely am able to not make it more than it is.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Sarah Palin responds -- briefly -- about Willow's comments.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:17 pm

You mean she didn't take a shotgun to Willow? Darn, no carnage. sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:08 am