CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Talk shows (past and present)

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Talk shows (past and present) Empty Talk shows (past and present)

Post by AtownPeep Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:11 am

Who do you think has/had the best talk show?

Currently, I OCCASIONALLY watch Oprah when she's being a bit more salacious, or has a celebrity guest that I'm interested in. Other than that, I can't stand her light/self-help/bookclub topics. Tyra sometimes has good topics, but I can't stand her ditzy personality. I don't know how Maury stays on the air...for the past ten years, all his show does are paternity or lie detector tests. Steve Wilcos (or however you spell his name) is just a low budget Jerry knock off. He and his guests are cartoons. I like Dr. Phil's topics, but because I can't stand his voice, I barely watch his show.

I miss Montel. He used to posture a lot, but was always on point.
    I miss Sally Jesse (before her last five years).
    I liked original Springer, because his show became a farce.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Talk shows (past and present) Empty Re: Talk shows (past and present)

Post by Tony Marino Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:59 am

AtownPeep wrote:Who do you think has/had the best talkshow?

Currently, I OCCASSIONALY watch Oprah when she's being a bit more solacious, or has a celebrity guest that I'm interested in. Other than that, I can't stand her light/self-help/bookclub topics. Tyra sometimes has good topics, but I can't stand her ditzy personality. I don't know how Maury stays on the air...for the past ten years, all his show does are paternity or lie detector tests. Steve Wilcos (or however you spell his name) is just a low budget Jerry knock off. He and his guests are cartoons. I like Dr. Phil's topics, but because I can't stand his voice, I barely watch his show.

I miss Montel. He used to posture a lot, but was always on point.
    I miss Sally Jesse (before her last five years).
    I liked original Springer, because his show became a farce.

I liked Jenny Jones. Sometimes I watch Oprah when she has someting or someone of interest on.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:44 pm

How dare you say Maury is all about paternity tests and lie detection...you forgot about the obese toodlers! LOL

I really don't watch chat shows. I do like Dr. Phil on Mondays because he has had that Dr. Phil family and that is a train wreck I have rather enjoyed being privy to.
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:27 pm

I sometimes watch Oprah and Dr. Oz, depending on what they're talking about.

Phil Donahue and Geraldo IMO need to come back. I'll tell you who else had a good one, Jane Whitney. I used to LOVE salacious, emotional morning & afternoon talk shows in the 80s and 90s about "I'm having an affair"... "My child is gay" ... "I'm a prostitute" ... "Racism" ... "Rival gangs"... "I'm sleeping with my stepfather" ... "My brush with death". And who can forget those stripper episodes Phil and Sally used to have? cool

I think Jerry Springer killed the genre. Made it too obviously fake...or "cartoony" like Atown said.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:05 pm

I definitely miss Geraldo. Rikki Lake too (1-800-Go-Rikki. lol) I think it was the combination of the Jenny Jones Show murder and Jerry's cartoony-camp that made the daytime talk genre (as it used to be) combust.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 pm