CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Marsha Ambrosius "Far Away" (powerful video)

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Marsha Ambrosius "Far Away" (powerful video) Empty Marsha Ambrosius "Far Away" (powerful video)

Post by Jason B. Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:23 am

This music video for "Far Away" by Marsha Ambrosius (ex-member of Floetry) is stunning and sad, but makes a much needed statement about homophobia and bigotry. Especially in the black community.

Kudos to her. Hope it's well received and makes people think.

tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Marsha Ambrosius "Far Away" (powerful video) Empty Re: Marsha Ambrosius "Far Away" (powerful video)

Post by tmontyb Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:45 am

Wow. That is a powerful video and song.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Marsha Ambrosius "Far Away" (powerful video) Empty Re: Marsha Ambrosius "Far Away" (powerful video)

Post by Chris Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:28 am

Thanks JB.
    The video is excellent; really leaves you feeling haunted.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:04 pm

The song is strong by itself, and the video...?! Truly breathtaking and something inspirational. A welcome change from the more typical theme of R&B.

The clip literally takes you on a journey. When you hear the lyrics, “I can’t believe that you’re gone,” and see her walking through the park hand-in-hand with the man, you think its a typical love song about a m/f relationship and then to see that it wasn't, I was blown away. It actually makes the relationship she had with him all the sweeter. What Chris said was true, it leaves you poignantly unnerved, and makes you sincerely want to befriend the two guys couple to spite the hate they received. I love when an artist can be this bold, and hope that this song doesn't get slept on. I am glad Marsha is finally releasing her solo music. I adored Floetry back in the day and have been patiently waiting for Marsha to release her debut album.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Great video!
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:01 pm

It'll never happen, but I would love it if this song was recognized by awards ceremonies associated with black media (Soul Train, BET, NAACP, Essence.) I loved that the video focused on a gay black male couple that wasn't a "down low" situation. It showed two brotha's who're trying to live open and honestly, even though the pressure got to be too much and resulted in a sad end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:18 am