CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Shale
Jason B.
TSJFan4Ever
Supernova
Chris
9 posters

Lying about your age

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Lying about your age Empty Lying about your age

Post by Chris Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Have you ever lied (adding or subtracting) about your age? If you dated someone and later discovered that they lied to you about how old they were, would that be grounds enough for you to end the relationship?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Lying about your age Empty Re: Lying about your age

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:01 pm

1. No

and 2. I'd want to know why the hell they lied.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:19 pm

bout it but no - I've never actually lied about my age. Around my birthday, I'll joke about how I'm going to start subtracting years, instead of adding them, but if someone asks me, I'll just tell them.

If someone lied about their age, I'd REALLY want to know why. It wouldn't be a good sign for me.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:22 pm

When I was a teenager, I'd lie about being older all the time. Adding a year to my age, like that mattered at all. After I turned 30, a few times I did try and say "28", but I eventually got over there and kept it real.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Never lied about my age. From 51 to 55 I would tell those who asked that I was near 50. Not a lie. Can't help it if they erroneously thot I was 46 or something. Blue Cool

I did stay 60 on MySpace for a few years, changing my b'day but found I got more propositions being older. There's a whole culture of young men who want a daddy. Hey, works for me.
    big grin
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:07 am

Haven't lied about my age since before I turned 21. If I don't feel like being specific, I'll just be vague with my answer (early 30's), or I'll say that I had all my big boy hairs when Kurt Cobain committed suicide. For the most part, I will just come right out and answer the question.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 am

Chris wrote:Have you ever lied (adding or subtracting) about your age?

Of course when I was a teenager, I might've told people I was 18 or older a few times. Matter fact, I definitely did.....I remember when me and my cousin were vacationing in Miami when I was 15 and we met these guys who were staying at the same hotel we were. She was already 18, I told them I was 18 too (they were 21 and 22). But even when I was a teenager, I didn't lie about my age that often. After actually turning 18, I definitely didn't. And I still don't.

If you dated someone and later discovered that they lied to you about how old they were, would that be grounds enough for you to end the relationship?

Maybe. I guess it would depend on how much off they were about their age. I remember I met this guy when I was 20 and he told me he was 23. Went out with him a few times and I was sitting in his car on this one particular date and he left his license in this compartment in the console and I nicely looked at it. This nigga was 33. Normally, I would've busted him out about that, but it didn't phase me that much cause I wasn't digging him like that. I let it go. Needless to say, I hardly ever spoke to him after that.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:32 am

I did when I was 16, I told a guy I met that I was 17. I was already attending community college at that point and that's where I met him and I didn't want him to be scared off and someone had told him that I was 17, so I didn't correct them. BUT, then one day I was looking at his driver's license and I saw that he was actually 20 and he had told me that he was 19! So we were actually four years apart, each thinking we were 3 years apart, and thinking that the other thought we were 2 years apart.

When I realized that he was 20 it got kind of weird for me. He also looked exactly like pictures of Jesus, and he smoked a lot of pot, which meant when I was with him I did too, and the Jesus thing would freak me out when I was all paranoid. I don't remember exactly if it ended because of the lie or our ages, but I know that it was amicable until one day he just stopped talking to me and would literally give me the silent treatment when we were all hanging out. MONTHS later, he came up to me and apologized. He said he had treated me unfairly because he thought something bad about me that he found out wasn't true...I pestered him until he told me what it was: He thought I gave him an STD because he had a UTI and didn't go to the doctor for a long time. d-oh!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:23 am

I don't think I ever have. As far as being with someone he fudged their age with me, I guess it would depend on by how much their real age was in relation to mine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:17 am