CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Bluesmama
Shale
Alan Smithee
wants2laugh
RedBedroom
Supernova
Nystyle709
Marc™
12 posters

Lying Parents

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Lying Parents Empty Lying Parents

Post by Marc™ Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:49 pm

If your parents ever lied to you, what was the biggest lie they told?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Lying Parents Empty Re: Lying Parents

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Not necessarily lied, but my mother failed to tell me that she was pregnant. I had to find out from other people.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:24 am

I'll have to get back on that one. Though off the top of my head, how college would really be worth it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:16 am

Dad lied about something very serious. I forgave him, yet I doubt he deserved it. The circumstances are too personal to share, but it boiled down to my son staying with him and lying about my son having an injury there. Had we not been there to pick him up that same day, things could have been terrible.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:57 am

My mother lied about when my parents got married. My mom acts like a prude and talks about the whole "sex is for marriage" crap... but when I was like 14, someone in the family made a family tree and listed her marriage year as 1974, the year i was born... and since i was born in july.... well... let's just say momma doesn't practice what she preaches!

She kept denying it and telling me the cousin got the date wrong... until I went snooping through the attic and found the marriage certificate--- she got married in april, i was born in july.

She also lied to me about how my father died--- kept it secret from me and my bro for about 10 years!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:31 am

The biggest technical lie I can remember is probably Santa Claus. My brother is the one who was told that our dog went to "the farm". Everything else of any importance was more like a lie through omission. Like I've known that they weren't man & wife when I was conceived for a long time but it was only when I was older than 50 that I learned that they didn't get married until after I was born. Shrugs (Oh well…) LOL
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:37 am

Alan Smithee wrote:The biggest technical lie I can remember is probably Santa Claus. My brother is the one who was told that our dog went to "the farm". Everything else of any importance was more like a lie through omission. Like I've known that they weren't man & wife when I was conceived for a long time but it was only when I was older than 50 that I learned that they didn't get married until after I was born. Shrugs (Oh well…) LOL

Santa Claus doesn't count!!! LMAO!

My grandmother did tell me that the sandman was going to come get me if i didn't go to sleep early--- terrified me into NOT sleeping.. who would tell a 4yr old something like that??
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:45 am

My mom was lying to her friends about me. It was OK tho, worked for me. Blue Cool

She was shaving 5 years off my age because she didn't want her old cronies doing the math and finding out she was 14 when she got preggers.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Shale wrote:My mom was lying to her friends about me. It was OK tho, worked for me. Blue Cool

She was shaving 5 years off my age because she didn't want her old cronies doing the math and finding out she was 14 when she got preggers.

good one

my mom and my dad's mom hated each other so much that even 30yrs after my father was dead, they still argued about who was worse, my mom for having 3 kids and after a 5yr relationship with my dad getting pregnant with me that caused them to get married---- OR my grandmother who was married at 15 and pregnant by 16 to a man who was WAY WAY WAY older than her!

i actually think that was an arranged marriage tho... i think her dad arranged her second marriage too
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Y'know, I've thought about this thread for days and still can't think of anything my parents lied about. Now, I think Mom held back from mentioning a lot of things. But I did the same with my daughter. I wasn't always quick to argue a point by telling her that I did the same mistakes, because I didn't want to hear, "Well, YOU did it!" It was more fun to see her wonder how I knew so much.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 pm

I know my father lied to me any time he wanted me to obey without question. My grandmother on the other hand never lied. I personally lied to my kids once. the oldest was in 4th grade another in 2nd and the youngest in 1st. I told them the family dog went to live on a farm. I couldn't tell them we had to have her put down because she was so sick. They didn't even realize she was sick. I found out later that the medication the vet put her on was to be used only for one week, he kept giving us the prescription for over a year and screwed up her internal organs. We had no idea he was a quack and killed our dog. There were other things that I just didn't tell them, parents sometimes need to not spill their guts to children.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:06 pm

My parents omitted more than a few truths, but I don't think they ever told me an outright lie.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:13 am

My parents can be brutally honest. Aside from perhaps withholding certain truths, I can't think of any time they outright lied to my face.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Don't think my mama ever lied to me.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:55 am

When I was about 6 or 7, my parents told me that my aunt who had just died went out of town for a business trip. It was my cousins that were a little older who told me the truth about what happened. I remember being angry at my parents for thinking that they couldn't tell me the truth because even at that young of an age, I understood the concept of death.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 6:08 am