CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Shale
Cheaps
Nhaiyel
9 posters

Lying on a dating profile

Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Lying on a dating profile Empty Lying on a dating profile

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:56 am

Have you ever (or encountered someone who has) been less than truthful on a dating profile? I once met a guy from online, whose profile said he was 6'…no, not quite. He was just barely taller than me.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Lying on a dating profile Empty Re: Lying on a dating profile

Post by Cheaps Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:59 am

^^ never been on a dating profile website chic
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:25 am

cheaps wrote:^^ never been on a dating profile website chic
    Same here. Actually, I never seek to date anyone - been my habit since the Hippie days to just wait until a friend or acquaintance decides they want to get intimate then it's "my place or yours?"

IDK what they want in a dating profile but here is mine:

66-year-old man, balding with white beard. Six feet tall (6.5 inches long Wink)

Prefers guys but will do women. Srsly likes long walks on the beach (without clothes). Enjoys 3-way sex (or more) but prefers the intimacy of one-on-one where I can concentrate on my partner's desires. Hates perfume and prefers to smell my partners natural fragrance. Enjoys kissing and licking all parts of the body.

That's the truth. Think I'd get any takers?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:36 am

I have never been on a date site (have seen them) but a friend of mine has and he lies through his teeth about mostly everything. I warned him it would catch up with him and it finally did, he met someone that he actually liked and she snubbed him because of the lies!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:42 am

Tony Marino wrote:I have never been on a date site (have seen them) but a friend of mine has and he lies through his teeth about mostly everything. I warned him it would catch up with him and it finally did, he met someone that he actually liked and she snubbed him because of the lies!

I do not understand that. Where's the logic? You know if successful you will meet someone, then what?

Look at my profile pic. For me to say "33, thick, curly black hair, blue eyes" might get some girl interested - UNTIL SHE FRIKKEN SEES ME!!!
    Shocked
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:47 am

Shale wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:I have never been on a date site (have seen them) but a friend of mine has and he lies through his teeth about mostly everything. I warned him it would catch up with him and it finally did, he met someone that he actually liked and she snubbed him because of the lies!

I do not understand that. Where's the logic? You know if successful you will meet someone, then what?

Look at my profile pic. For me to say "33, thick, curly black hair, blue eyes" might get some girl interested - UNTIL SHE FRIKKEN SEES ME!!!
    Shocked

My point exactly, thats what I would tell him but evidently he saw himself as others did not!!!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:54 pm

It’s like embellishing a resume. Probably sooner then later you’re going to get caught.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:46 pm

I have a cousin who has a profile set up on a dating site, and on it she posts pictures of herself from almost ten years ago; when she was about thirty pounds lighter. She describes herself based on them.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:02 pm

It's senseless to lie on these things, if you are serious about actually meeting people. I wouldn't have been turned off by the guy who lied about his height, had he simply told the truth.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 pm

And he didn't say anything to you when you met him? Like hoping you wouldn't notice? LOL. I never tried a dating site, but I would imagine it wouldn't be too much different than dating in real life. Anonymity can cause you to embellish even more but if you're actually planning on meeting the people you're talking to, it would be silly to do so.

Last edited by Nystyle709 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:36 pm

I've never been on an online dating website, I didn't have internet before I got married!

But if I were, I'd probably make myself seem worse than I am, before I made myself seem better! The last thing I would want is to show up and have the guy be disappointed because his expectations were too high.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:27 pm

The dumbest things that people do. If you're not confident about your true stature, then don't bother signing up for a dating site.....because the truth is going to come out if you were serious about meeting people. Back in the days of AOL, I chatted with this female from a chatroom. I sent her my pic....then she went me a pic, and I was impressed. She was hot. From there we talked on the phone for hours and had a pretty good conversation....then she decides to make a confession: "That pic I sent wasn't of me." I'm like, "why are you sending out pics of other people?" And her response was that she didn't have a pic of herself, but I seemed so hellbent on exchanging pics that she went ahead and sent this image of somebody else....but tried to say that it was cool because she looked as good as whoever that was I saw.

Click.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:28 am

Marc™ wrote:The dumbest things that people do. If you're not confident about your true stature, then don't bother signing up for a dating site.....because the truth is going to come out if you were serious about meeting people. Back in the days of AOL, I chatted with this female from a chatroom. I sent her my pic....then she went me a pic, and I was impressed. She was hot. From there we talked on the phone for hours and had a pretty good conversation....then she decides to make a confession: "That pic I sent wasn't of me." I'm like, "why are you sending out pics of other people?" And her response was that she didn't have a pic of herself, but I seemed so hellbent on exchanging pics that she went ahead and sent this image of somebody else....but tried to say that it was cool because she looked as good as whoever that was I saw.

Click.

Lying on a dating profile 954338

You should've at least found out. LOL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:15 pm