CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
TPP
Impact
Jason B.
Forgiveness Man
Chris
9 posters

Will time travel ever be possible?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Will time travel ever be possible? Empty Will time travel ever be possible?

Post by Chris Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:01 pm

We travel through time everyday, but you think that science will ever make it possible for people to travel into the future, or back to the past? Are you for or against the idea of it?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Will time travel ever be possible? Empty Re: Will time travel ever be possible?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:16 pm

No. It is a product of science fiction.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:25 pm

No matter how many strides science makes, time travel will never be possible.
    It's the one thing nature has a deadbolt on.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:11 am

If I suspend disbelief, then maybe I can buy that technology may some day make it possible for a flashforward to happen, but I can't buy into possibility of being able to travel back.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:40 am

I think it's possible. Scientists have already been able to shoot a laser and send the beam into the past. Who knows what could happen in the next 100 years to forever?

If they have discovered it in the future, they also have found a way to hide the evidence of it to us so we don't know it yet.

I've read that time doesn't really exist, it's just something that we perceive because of the way we are and what we have evolved to experience. If that's the case then I don't see why traveling backward would be impossible.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:04 am

thepossiblepolice wrote:I think it's possible. Scientists have already been able to shoot a laser and send the beam into the past. Who knows what could happen in the next 100 years to forever?

If they have discovered it in the future, they also have found a way to hide the evidence of it to us so we don't know it yet.

I've read that time doesn't really exist, it's just something that we perceive because of the way we are and what we have evolved to experience. If that's the case then I don't see why traveling backward would be impossible.

Will time travel ever be possible? 35166 . Time travel could definitely be possible. You just can't fathom it now because you fail to see the evidence now. Mankind can only evolve. You think George Washington thought there was ever going to be an airplane in the sky? Stop thinking humans and this world is just going to be in the same entity that it is now. I think another 200, 300 years, maybe later (if man hasn't killed themselves off), humans beings will be probing death. They'll be able to bring back individuals who have passed on.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:22 am

thepossiblepolice wrote:I think it's possible. Scientists have already been able to shoot a laser and send the beam into the past. Who knows what could happen in the next 100 years to forever?

We know they sent a beam into the past how exactly? I'm curious.

Time not existing seems like a nice sci-fi illusion. Time travel is good for a show like Lost but I don't think it's possible. If time travel was possible, we'd probably already know it. Razz I think there are just some things beyond the grasp of Science. It's a limited field; humans are limited. There are just some things we can't do. I think trying to time travel would be a waste of time and resources too given all the scientific needs of the present.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:15 am

I think it's entirely possible. Just because we haven't seen it or don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 am

Nope its just stuff that makes science fictions movies exciting to watch.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 am

CeCe wrote:I think it's entirely possible. Just because we haven't seen it or don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    True. I think the cases against it are that we understand enough about the world to rule it out. Wink
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:41 pm

co-signs
    The Trekker part of me loves all that sci-fi stuff where I study the drama to make sure the temporal paradox is met. They've even covered the possibility of ppl in the future coming back here to enforce the laws of time travel.

Just because it is fiction today like Jules Verne's 19th Century atomic powered submarine, does not mean it will not come about in future. We do know that velocity affects time so it is not a constant. We've even done this with our relatively primitive jet aircraft where the plane lost some part of a second from the synchronous clock on the ground.

So, just waiting for my great-great-great grandchild to drop in to finish some family tree project for school.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:49 am