CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Forgiveness Man
Shale
Chris
7 posters

Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton

Poll

Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton

[ 0 ]
    Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton Bar_left0%Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton Bar_left100%Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton Bar_right [100%] 

Total Votes: 1
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton Empty Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton

Post by Chris Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:04 am

Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton JesseJacksonandalSharpton-705954

Of the two, whose activist points do you think make the most sense, and who would you rather listen to talk about social issues? Don't say neither.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton Empty Re: Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton

Post by Shale Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:33 am

Chris wrote: Don't say neither.
    DAMN!! Blue Cool
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:40 am

I can't say neither? Why not?
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:15 am

Between the two I think Al Sharpton is the one who drinks Decaf, so he's the one I pick. I don't care for Jesse Jackson.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:05 pm

I'll go with Jesse, since he's done more for Afro-Americans. I find it hilarious at all the ridiculous claims made against those two. They can't stand to see a black man speak his mind. Funny.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Chris wrote:Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton JesseJacksonandalSharpton-705954

Of the two, whose activist points do you think make the most sense, and who would you rather listen to talk about social issues? Don't say neither.
    I think that Jesse Jackson has accomplished more throughout the years (or at least the things he's accomplished have had greater impact). He has a history of negotiating with foreign governments where conventional talks fail, and "rescuing" POW's. However, I think Jackson has also made a fool of himself more often (particularly later in his career). I think he is more of a career minded politician whose only true motives are to benefit himself. I think he started off as a good civil rights leader, then declined steadily throughout the years and has made many more political errors than Sharpton.

I don't think Sharpton has ever had the same level of influence that Jackson had, but I do think that Sharpton is a little more "geniune" in that he's not afraid to actually say what he means. He's never really seriously considered being the President and only runs to shake things up and get the real politicians to discuss things on a public stage that they wouldn't otherwise. Sharpton actually makes much more sense when he speaks and always brings up good points and has great responses to people like Bill O'Reilly. His problem is his image. In the public eye, it almost doesn't matter what you say but how you say it. Sharpton's cadence and tone (the way he speaks) is frowned upon by mainstream (white) America. It's very difficult to take him seriously because of that and people spend more time drawing conclusions based on how he "seems" rather than the things that he says.

Jesse Jackson has been in too many political scandals for me to support. From illegitimate children to calling Obama the N word, etc. He's pretty much lost all cool points and respect (despite his accomplishments). I appreciate what Al Sharpton does more (although I don't consider either of them to be "great" civil rights leaders).
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:34 pm

captainbryce wrote:
    Chris wrote:Jesse Jackson vs. Al Sharpton JesseJacksonandalSharpton-705954

I think that Jesse Jackson has accomplished more throughout the years (or at least the things he's accomplished have had greater impact). He has a history of negotiating with foreign governments where conventional talks fail, and "rescuing" POW's. However, I think Jackson has also made a fool of himself more often (particularly later in his career). I think he is more of a career minded politician whose only true motives are to benefit himself. I think he started off as a good civil rights leader, then declined steadily throughout the years and has made many more political errors than Sharpton.

I don't think Sharpton has ever had the same level of influence that Jackson had, but I do think that Sharpton is a little more "geniune" in that he's not afraid to actually say what he means. He's never really seriously considered being the President and only runs to shake things up and get the real politicians to discuss things on a public stage that they wouldn't otherwise. Sharpton actually makes much more sense when he speaks and always brings up good points and has great responses to people like Bill O'Reilly. His problem is his image. In the public eye, it almost doesn't matter what you say but how you say it. Sharpton's cadence and tone (the way he speaks) is frowned upon by mainstream (white) America. It's very difficult to take him seriously because of that and people spend more time drawing conclusions based on how he "seems" rather than the things that he says.

Jesse Jackson has been in too many political scandals for me to support. From illegitimate children to calling Obama the N word, etc. He's pretty much lost all cool points and respect (despite his accomplishments). I appreciate what Al Sharpton does more (although I don't consider either of them to be "great" civil rights leaders).

co-signs
    Jackson is the more accomplished, but Sharpton is the more 'likable' of the two.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 am