CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Jesse Jackson Jr.'s mysterious medical issue

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Jesse Jackson Jr.'s mysterious medical issue Empty Jesse Jackson Jr.'s mysterious medical issue

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:19 pm

In response to new, still vague reports about his son's health, Rev. Jesse Jackson pleaded Thursday for "space."

"He needs and deserves privacy," Jackson said on his way to an unrelated breakfast meeting at the Chicago Hilton, "and the media and all the interests should give us, the family, space for his restoration. That is not too much to ask."

Jesse Jackson Jr.'s office on Wednesday released only a few more details about the congressman's whereabouts after they said last month he was being treated for exhaustion.

“The congressman is receiving intensive medical treatment at a residential treatment facility for a mood disorder,” reads a statement attributed to Jackson’s doctor. “He is responding positively to treatment…”

But a family friend told NBC News Wednesday the congressman has severe clinical depression, a problem with alcohol and is being treated at a facility in Arizona.

Rev. Jackson said Thursday he is "hopeful" for the recovery but would not comment on the cause of his son's ailment.

"As a father, I offer no medical diagnosis, only the unconditional love of his family," he said.

The reverend also remained mum about the congressman's exact whereabouts.

"At some appropriate time I will respond," Rev. Jackson said. "I think he is on the [way to being] well. He is under medical supervision, and I am impressed with his regaining of his strength."

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Rev-Jesse-Jackson-Give-Us-Space-162195365.html#ixzz20QSfxZaT
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Jesse Jackson Jr.'s mysterious medical issue Empty Re: Jesse Jackson Jr.'s mysterious medical issue

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:21 pm

I fully appreciate the need for privacy when it comes to personal health. But the guy is a politician. I think after a month he owes more of an explanation.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Jesse Jackson Jr.'s mysterious medical issue Empty Re: Jesse Jackson Jr.'s mysterious medical issue

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Yeah, he needs to come clean (and sober) at some point soon.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Did you know that psych hospitals won't even confirm if someone is a patient there. Family members such as a spouse are given a code to refer to the patient.

I remember when every public figure had his guts spilled out before the media whenever he went for treatment somewhere. But that was tightened up by law in the late '90s so now a person (even one in the media spotlight) is allowed privacy in medical matters.

I believe in that. I have worked as a health care provider in a hospital and have kept patient confidentiality even from their family when they requested it. That is their right and I think that should be respected.

How would you feel if you had a mental breakdown of some sort, or depression, schizophrenia or any other number of psych probs that can for the most part be treated chemically then have all your friends, acquaintances or other associates know the extent of your illness. Most ppl find that intrusive - even those in the public spotlight.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 pm

^All well and good but as a public official I think he at least needs to inform the public as to his health at some point in the not too distant future.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:^All well and good but as a public official I think he at least needs to inform the public as to his health at some point in the not too distant future.

So true. A celebrity doesn't owe the people shit, a politician works for the people and if it's something that keeps them out for a week or two, that's one thing. But after a month, it's time to report something.

That has nothing to do with being against HIPPA. I am very much for HIPPA.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Jesse Jackson Jr.'s mysterious medical issue 2517814472

Just get better Jesse.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:59 pm