CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
RiteDiva
SecHandNews
MFD10
Nystyle709
Marc™
AtownPeep
10 posters

Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? Empty Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?

Post by AtownPeep Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Thoughts?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? Empty Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?

Post by Marc™ Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Yep. It's always ok, actually. The "chase" is work. Just like a man doesn't mind his wife/gf taking out the garbage or fixing the sink (if she can), he doesn't mind when she pursues him.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man? Empty Re: Is it ever ok for a woman to pursue a man?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Of course. Nothing wrong with telling someone you like them. The difference between men and women though...men work a lot harder at it. Women do it all the time, especially the trifling ones who knowingly pursue married men and men in relationships.
    MFD10
    MFD10
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by MFD10 Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 pm

I wouldn't. When men are pursued, they have a habit of becoming arrogant and condescending. From there, they behave as though they have you by a string. The most I'd ever do is make it known that I was interested. I, however, would never outright chase. Historically, that's been the male's role and I'm fine with it.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 pm

After it was established that we were both interested, I would have no problem with making as much of an effort to keep things replenished. Some women even like to be pursued, or take the backseat, even into the courting stage...and IMO that's silly. IA with MsCrys though that some men have a habit of reacting less than humbly when they know a woman is uber-interested, so for me I'd tread lightly there.
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:56 am

I say go after what you want, so my answer is yes. But the truth is that men are usually more inclined to be the pursuers anyway, so if he's interested and knows that she's interested, then her job is half done.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Good responses. Thanks.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Naw. Don't pursue. It's gonna blow his head up. Just show him you're interested and if he's not too stupid to pick up the hints, then he will pursue you. The man is supposed to pursue the woman, not the other way around. Just look @ the animal kingdom: the female simply expresses her acceptance of the male but it's the males job to approach the female.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:42 pm

I think it's definitely okay for a woman to a pursue a man. With me, though, I prefer not to be the aggressor. I've played that role before and I have to do all this work to keep him interested. Ugh.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:53 am

In the book "Mars vs Venus," author John Grey says that men are meant to be the pursuers, and part of building attraction is for them to do the work. He states that even nice, intelligent and great women may lose the attention of a man if they pursue.

Me, I don't agree. Simply put whichever person feels a certain attraction needs to let the other party know in simple, clear and unavoidable terms. And then respect them if they say, "sorry you're not for me." Once you get over that hump, then the fun begins. Who calls who? Where do you go? Who decides? Who initiates stepping through a relationship? Stuff like that.

If you are lucky most of it is 50/50. If not, the clingy needy person shows up and you run. Or the controlling, bossy person shows up and you kick them to the curb.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Absolutely. As long as there's no over the top craziness involved, it doesn't matter who pursues who. If the one being pursued isn't interested then they need to drop it. But I don't think gender plays any part in it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:05 pm