CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Shale
MandyPerfumeGirl
Chris
7 posters

The first time you lived away from your parents

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The first time you lived away from your parents Empty The first time you lived away from your parents

Post by Chris Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:20 am

After you became of age and moved away from your parents for the first time, what was the place like?
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

The first time you lived away from your parents Empty Re: The first time you lived away from your parents

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:19 pm

It was awful, it was a lonely place to live. I had no car, no way of getting around, no job. I was ball-and-chained to that place. The apartment below me used to blast this awful, thumping rap music. On Thanksgiving my heat went out. The number a tenant is supposed to call when they're having problems like that, well, all I got was an answering machine, so, freezing and lonely, my Mom came to get me. I stayed in that apartment a total of six weeks, though I had signed a one-year lease. Suckers, lol. They still come after me for money, though it's been 5+ years, but too bad, I'm not paying for a crappy place to live.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

The first time you lived away from your parents Empty Re: The first time you lived away from your parents

Post by Shale Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:36 pm

Three days after graduating in St. Louis county I was on a train heading for my new home; Lackland Air Force Base.

I lived in an open-bay barracks with 30 other guys, most about my age so we just did as we were told for the couple months we lived there. It was regimented and everything was taken care of. Our meals were provided and occasionally we shared in preparation and cleanup (KP). Our clothes were also provided all olive drab.

We were like one big happy frat house. yeah right

I adjusted pretty well, no great angst. However, civilians may not know it but after lights out you could hear some of those teenage "American Fighting Men" crying in the darkness.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:39 pm

I moved to Germany. It was wonderful. Smile
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:01 pm

It was nice.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:58 pm

It was a decent one bedroom apartment in a large complex that had indoor and outdoor pool. It was pretty nice back then, but now the neighborhood is not the greatest.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:33 pm

Not counting 4 years of college, I shared an apartment with my younger brother and one of his friends. It was like Animal House.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:05 am

My first was an off-campus apartment in college. It was okay. One bedroom; kinda small, the view wasn't great, and there may have been the occasional bug. It was the typical type of apartment you would expect a nineteen year old to have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 am