CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
RedBedroom
wants2laugh
Cheaps
Chris
8 posters

Dating someone who still lived with their parents

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Dating someone who still lived with their parents Empty Dating someone who still lived with their parents

Post by Chris Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:00 am

Would you date someone who was over thirty, and still living with their parents?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Dating someone who still lived with their parents Empty Re: Dating someone who still lived with their parents

Post by Cheaps Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:07 am

Casual dating, sure, just as long as he gets to stay out as late as he wants.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Dating someone who still lived with their parents Empty Re: Dating someone who still lived with their parents

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:41 am

There is a difference between him living with them, and them living with him. IF it is his house, and he is helping his parents out (due to health reasons or the economy), then I would think "what a great guy". If he is living with them, then I think "get your act together buddy".

This economy has really caused people to move back home. It seems I meet more and more guys that live at home... and no, i am not happy about it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:31 pm

It would depend on why he is there, but I would be so cautious.

My good friend married a very successful guy who moved home after college because he is very cheap. He lived there until he was about 32-34, when he and my friend bought land, built a house and married.

His motivation was to save money, but now he is in his 40's and very spoiled. Maybe he would be that way despite his post-college living arrangement, but I couldn't put up with how he is always insisting things go his way and certain things around the house done "just like ma does it."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Cheaps wrote:Casual dating, sure, just as long as he gets to stay out as late as he wants.

LOL. It would depend on the circumstances. If you're shiftless and just living with your parents because they're the only ones who'll clean up after you and they're supporting you, then it's really not going to work out.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:42 am

wants2laugh wrote:There is a difference between him her living with them, and them living with him her. IF it is his her house, and he she is helping his her parents out (due to health reasons or the economy), then I would think "what a great guy girl".

big grin
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:57 am

I can't judge because I'm still living at home myself.

Then again, I'm planning to move out in the next few months...

Keeping it real, I don't mind doing it but it's not helpful to the relationship, and I wouldn't be able to take him too seriously. I would need to know why he's there and when he plans to move out. On a long term basis, I couldn't do it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:44 am

Maybe. So long as they have a job and I don't have to sneak in and out or be extra quiet when we....yeah....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:57 am