CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

2012 Empty 2012

Post by Supernova Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Who saw this movie? What did you think of it?

Didn't do much for me, one of the FEW movies of that year I considered going to the theater to see, did not, waited until it was out on DVD...what can I say? The whole thing seems kind of stupid, I don't believe anybody could keep secret that the world was going to end in what, 7 years? That there wouldn't be a worldwide panic. Also, the characters....that doctor, what's his name, Gordon or something? Glad when he died...he struck me as being a real prick, any guy grabs my boobs in a public place, he's going to be singing soprano, and he talking about having a kid, they've already got a 7 year old who wets the bed and wears diapers and he wants to have another one?

And that woman, what was her name, Tamara? Her death made NO sense whatsoever because the people on both sides of her who were also being drowned in water did NOT die so how did she in the middle? And what the hell was with that dialogue of hers, comparing herself to the little girl who's obsessed with hats 'they always made me feel safe', okay deranged

And that fatass what's his name, Anhauser? Ever notice how it's the people who get to live comfortably while others die who go 'What? Life was supposed to be fair?' He left his mother to die and he was the first one on board so it seems pretty fair for him. If they threw his fatass off the ship they could've gotten two people in in his place.

And did anybody else NOT laugh at the cheap joke of Charlie's ass showing when he's knocked down shortly before he's killed?

In short, okay but nothing great, hardly even good.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

2012 Empty Re: 2012

Post by Shale Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Ha, I just watched this again last night. Wanted something to relax to that didn't require any thot.

It is what it is. A stupid movie with good visuals of improbable occurrences.

Like the runway falling in a hole inches BEHIND the racing plane's wheels, or a stretch limo dodging other cars and missing ALL the opening holes that they fall into, or the plane flying under falling buildings and even a train falling off a trestle. All those scenes were ridiculous, yet captivating to watch when you suspend disbelief.

Actually the only credible part was the fat guy who realistically looked at the survival chances as a military strategist would. Why the hell would he subject his demented 89-year-old mother to spend her last few moments in extended chaos? There was no logical reason to even try. Teens and young adults would be who should have been on the arks in numbers to restart society. Sorta like the aliens taking the kids in Knowing and no adults.

So, don't be too critical of a movie that didn't care. I saw it in theater matinee with big screen and surround sound. That's what this movie was made for.

BTW, it may be in Woody Harrellson's contract to show his ass in every movie.
    eye roll
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:32 pm

I haven't seen it and I probably never will. Just from the coming attractions with John Cusack and his family seeming to be the only ones who a crevice didn’t open up under or a building didn’t collapse on it looked like more then I could suspend disbelief for.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:53 pm