CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
CeCe
TSJFan4Ever
wesley
Tony Marino
Supernova
Shale
Chris
13 posters

'Pet-sitting'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

'Pet-sitting' Empty 'Pet-sitting'

Post by Chris Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:13 am

Have you ever babysat someone's pet before?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

'Pet-sitting' Empty Re: 'Pet-sitting'

Post by Shale Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 am

Oh, many times. Used to stay in a friends house (with swimming pool and sun deck) to watch his cats while he was away and another co-worker had me live in her house with a Pomeranian when she left town. It was kind of a nice break in routine settling in at other places for a while.

I am going to Missouri next month to stay in my sister's house with my mom's Chihuahua while she goes away for a week. (Also go visit mom in the nursing home)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:35 am

We've had to watch my sister's dogs several times over the years, it wasn't bad when it was one or two of them, but the last two times it was four of them, 3 tiny ones and one big retriever, and the last two times we had to keep them for two long weeks and where I was concerned, they couldn't come home to collect them fast enough. Ordinarily I like dogs, but the more I'm around them, the more I'm becoming a cat person.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:30 pm

I watched my sister's dog a few times it was no problem since she knew me already.
    wesley
    wesley
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by wesley Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Chris wrote:Have you ever babysat someone's pet before?
    Yes. But only small managable dogs or cats. Not big dogs because it's too much work.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Yes - dogs and hamsters mainly. Smile
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 pm

It's been years since I have, but pet sat a few times for some close friends before.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Nope. Wouldn't want to either. I remember one time my old landlord was pet-sitting her best friend's Yorkie. Somehow someway, my old roommate took responsibility of pet-sitting the dog for one day while my landlord went somewhere. I remember coming home one night not knowing this information, opened the door to the living room and next thing I know, the dog jets out of the door like a damn rocket and into the street. My roommate spent like 20 mins trying to get that dog back inside. Somebody must've been looking out for him because our street can be a busy one and he didn't get hit. I wouldn't want that on my conscious.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 pm

A cats (kittens really) a couple of times and a dog once. My wife claims our daughter learned the "F" word from me when we had the dog. That's a lie. My wife let that one slip more times than I ever did but my daughter throws me under the bus.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:46 am

Yes I have and I get screwed as I won't let anyone watch my dog, so I do it for nothing in return. I despise my dog in a kennel, but I worry too much about him running away, so I never let friends watch him. I have to bring him to a kennel Friday...and am very upset at that.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:50 am

Shale wrote:...I am going to Missouri next month to stay in my sister's house with my mom's Chihuahua while she goes away for a week. (Also go visit mom in the nursing home)

Well, I'm here and Nala the dog and I are getting along well. It is my mom's dog and the last time I was here and mom was in the hospital the dog got depressed and quit eating. Now the dog is more adjusted to just living with my sister and her husband and seems to not miss them being away.

We're in a very wooded suburb - out in the country actually - and there are squirrels, rabbits and woodchucks that come into the yard.
    'Pet-sitting' 201110AprRabbitsinYardWeb

So, the very viscious watchdog just goes ballistic at the glass door tellin' the intruders to get out of her yard.
    'Pet-sitting' 201110AprNalaVigilWeb
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:12 am

One day, a beagle and a pug. They were young, and a real handful!

For the people next door, the girl was getting married, they all went to the wedding. The mother of the bride said she would be home about 6pm to feed the dogs. Well, she wasn't. The groom came back in his tux at 7 and did it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Shale, Nala is so adorable! She looks very much like the first pet I/my parents had.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:35 am

RedBedroom wrote:Shale, Nala is so adorable! She looks very much like the first pet I/my parents had.

Yeah, she is large for a Chihuahua but still cute. Her routine, which I am following is a behavior one.

If she poops on the paper pad she gets a treat. She will actually come begging to let you know she did good - and we are supposed to praise her and give her the dog biscuit.

When she finishes her food she gets a treat also, and if you ignore her she will growl that it is in the contract.

She has several beds around the house (she's in the one next to me at the computer right now).

She has little pink blankets in each one, which she will manage to cover herself with. Don't think I've ever seen a dog do that.

'Pet-sitting' 201112AprNalacover2Web
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by sailorlover Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:41 am

those pics r so cute! Love dog pics! I've dog sat once, which was a male, and we have a female. Needless to say at 11 at night, we had to explain to them, on our bed of all places, to cool it till morning. They'd go at it for a couple hours and then nap for straight 7 days. Hilarious to watch!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:47 am

Shale wrote:
    RedBedroom wrote:Shale, Nala is so adorable! She looks very much like the first pet I/my parents had.

Yeah, she is large for a Chihuahua but still cute. Her routine, which I am following is a behavior one.

If she poops on the paper pad she gets a treat. She will actually come begging to let you know she did good - and we are supposed to praise her and give her the dog biscuit.

When she finishes her food she gets a treat also, and if you ignore her she will growl that it is in the contract.

She has several beds around the house (she's in the one next to me at the computer right now).

She has little pink blankets in each one, which she will manage to cover herself with. Don't think I've ever seen a dog do that.

'Pet-sitting' 201112AprNalacover2Web

My Chihuahua is much too stupid to know how to cover himself up, plus he doesn't like to be under a blanket. But my dad's Chihuahua does that! It is quite amusing to watch the process of him covering himself!

You sound like you are really enjoying the little sweetie!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:17 am

RedBedroom wrote: My Chihuahua is much too stupid to know how to cover himself up,...
    Nala is real smart. It got unseasonably cold here yesterday and it is still cold this morning, in the 40s.

This is how Nala is covered right now, in her bed next to the computer. (I'm wearing an insulated flannel shirt)

Anyhow, the little pink blanket didn't do it for her, she crawled under her cushion.

'Pet-sitting' 201117AprNalacovercoldWeb
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:30 pm

That is way too cute, Shale! I can not believe she got under the cushion, and has just part of that cute little face sticking out!

Here is a pic of my little nut, sleeping.

'Pet-sitting' N828298008_1711569_665
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:33 pm

RedBedroom wrote:...
    Here is a pic of my little nut, sleeping.

'Pet-sitting' N828298008_1711569_665
    Oh, long haired Chihuahua. I have only met one and was surprised at how mellow and un-chihuahua-like he was. (except he scavenged the floor looking for crumbs like every other Chihuahua I've known.)
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Oops! blushing
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:38 pm

Yeah, my little guy is very mellow. He isn't as skittish as the stereotypical Chi. He was just totally made for us though. He will scram in the blink of an eye at the noise of something being dropped on the floor, but won't move a muscle if he is right next to a dirt bike that gets started. And he loves to ride too. He gets mad if I ride and he can see me and I don't take him first.

Chihuahuas are so cool. My Dad's is a little ass hole though. He is mean. Of all the people that visit my dad, his dog only likes me. None of Dad's friends can touch him yet he allows me. Which is odd because many of Dad's friends are there much more than I. I think that Chihuahuas can tell people who are genuinly good dog lovers. My friend Jen loves dogs so much, like I do, and my dog is diffrent with her than he is with anyone else. He wines to her when she talks to him and he does that with nobody else.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:41 pm

I often pet sit for my aunt and uncle. They own a cattery and they breed Siamese cats. My uncle's relatives have been going through health problems for past few years, so often they have to go away on emergencies and they call me to stay at their house.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:55 pm