CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
Supernova
Cheaps
Chris
9 posters

How old were you when you started school?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How old were you when you started school? Empty How old were you when you started school?

Post by Chris Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:29 am

How old were you when you started school, and do you remember how you initially reacted to it? Did you like it, dislike it?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

How old were you when you started school? Empty Re: How old were you when you started school?

Post by Cheaps Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 am

i started school at 5, i can remember if i went to preschool, but yea i guess i enjoyed it. its a very distant memory
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How old were you when you started school? Empty Re: How old were you when you started school?

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:09 am

I guess I must've started when I was 5 or so, I really don't remember starting but I remember when I was 7 my best friend refused to believe I was in the 3rd grade, saying I could only be in the 1st or 2nd if I was 7 years old.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Chris wrote:How old were you when you started school,

Four.

and do you remember how you initially reacted to it?

I remember not liking having to take naps.

Did you like it, dislike it?

I was cool with it. I remember starting kindegarten and there were quite a few kids crying hysterically because they had to leave their mothers. I remember thinking "damn, it's not like you ain't gonna go home after this". My mother had dropped me off and bounced.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:46 pm

I first went to a classroom at 6. I did work at home before that since I was like 4. Razz
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:22 pm

I started preschool when I was 4 and I was very withdrawn and hated it. There was an area where the kids would form a circle with the teacher and she'd read to them or something like that, and until I got adjusted, I always sat back at my desk by myself. They were good teachers, they just let me be until I felt comfortable enough to join the group.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:15 am

There wasn’t any pre-school in my day so I was mainstreamed right into Kindergarten. It was OK, no trauma. I walked to and from, usually by myself. My best friend and I were the “Rug monitors”. We got to un-roll and roll up the rug we all had to lie down on at nap time. We became drunk with power!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:27 am

I was 5 and I liked parts but my teacher was really strict and not the right fit for a kindergarten teacher. I remember not wanting to go to Grade 1. My Kindergarten teacher wasn't mean to us or anything, but she was so strict that it wasn't a lot of fun. I remember her making several of us stay on the carpet because we were late getting there in the morning. It was winter and we were trying to take off all of our snow gear and weren't at the carpet when the second bell rang. she didn't bother helping us at all but just made us stay at the carpet for something like 10 minutes or more, which is ages when you're 5 years old. It wasn't like we were taking out time, either, but out little fingers couldn't get all of the zippers undone and everything off in the time between the two bells.

Anyway - that's just one example but there were a lot of times like that. Thankfully, I had an awesome Grade 1 teacher who taught me to love school. When I look back, I think that the kindergarten teacher we had was probably more used to intermediate kids and knowing what I know about the whole hiring/whatnot process, maybe she didn't even want to be teaching kids that young, but wasn't given much of a choice or just didn't have the experience, as I remember her being quite young.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:11 am

I started at 4. Funny....I remember going to preschool and being okay with it the first day. When my mother took me back the second day, I cried. I thought the first day was just a one day trip away from home....I didn't think it was gonna be a REGULAR thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:52 am