CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
CeCe
TPP
Alan Smithee
Jason B.
8 posters

Is it immoral to move away from your child?

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Is it immoral to move away from your child? Empty Is it immoral to move away from your child?

Post by Jason B. Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Like say if they didn't have custody or only joint custody, would a parent be wrong to leave town to "start over" somewhere else that's thousands of miles between them and their kid?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Is it immoral to move away from your child? Empty Re: Is it immoral to move away from your child?

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:15 pm

I don't know about it being immoral. I don't think it's worse than if it's the custodial parent who moves out of state, separating the other parent from the child.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Is it immoral to move away from your child? Empty Re: Is it immoral to move away from your child?

Post by TPP Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:25 pm

It doesn't seem like the "best" thing to do. If you can afford to fly back and forth and visit often then I think it's fine, but if you can't, you're basically abandoning your child and that child is going to have feelings about that.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:14 pm

It would depend on the circumstances. Not ideal but not necessarily immoral either.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:51 pm

I don't think it is immoral, but I don't see how anyone could do it.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun May 29, 2011 6:43 am

It wouldn't be an easy decision to make, and I would go out of my way to avoid ever doing it, but I wouldn't call it immoral either. Sometimes reality isn't comfortable or convenient and you've got to do what's pragmatic. If I were to ever move away from my child, I would just make sure to overcompensate when it came to the lines of communication, and visits.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun May 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Chris wrote:It wouldn't be an easy decision to make, and I would go out of my way to avoid ever doing it, but I wouldn't call it immoral either. Sometimes reality isn't comfortable or convenient and you've got to do what's pragmatic. If I were to ever move away from my child, I would just make sure to overcompensate when it came to the lines of communication, and visits.

This.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon May 30, 2011 2:01 am

I don't think it's immoral but it's a difficult decision. I know I'd have a VERY hard time doing it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:41 am