CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+22
Kral
Marc™
CatEyes10736
Jill
Rainmaker
Chris
Impact
sailorlover
Tony Marino
Cheaps
femme fatale
gingersnaps
AtownPeep
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Nystyle709
TSJFan4Ever
TPP
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Nhaiyel
CeCe
RedBedroom
26 posters

The Official Royal Wedding Thread [merged]

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The Official Royal Wedding Thread [merged] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Royal Wedding Thread [merged]

Post by Chris Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:35 am

sailorlover wrote:I have seen a lot on TV about it. Yes, there is going to be a shit ton on news on the Royal wedding. I know it's 29 April but that's about all I know. GE actually has a fridge that you can buy with Kate and Prince William on the front of it. R U fucking kidding me?

I can't believe anyone would buy that.

I think I remember my mom saying when Charles and Di married, she watched the ceremony on TV. It was a huge media spectacle that was apparently broadcast live everywhere. And I'm old enough to remember coverage of Di's funeral on TV. I wonder if this royal event will be another that airs all over the world.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

The Official Royal Wedding Thread [merged] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Royal Wedding Thread [merged]

Post by CeCe Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:41 am

Chris wrote:
    sailorlover wrote:I have seen a lot on TV about it. Yes, there is going to be a shit ton on news on the Royal wedding. I know it's 29 April but that's about all I know. GE actually has a fridge that you can buy with Kate and Prince William on the front of it. R U fucking kidding me?

I think I remember my mom saying when Charles and Di married, she watched the ceremony on TV. It was a huge media spectacle that was apparently broadcast live everywhere. And I'm old enough to remember coverage of Di's funeral on TV. I wonder if this royal event will be another that airs all over the world.

Haven't been following it but the media attention is unavoidable. It looks like they're trying to avoid the spectacle of the Charles/Diana wedding. No carriage, she's arriving in a car. It's supposed to happen in a different smaller church. Not sure if it's being televised or not but thank goodness for cable & Netflix. You couldn't get away from the last one but this time there are a lot of places where we can flee.
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rainmaker Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:48 am

CeCe wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Haven't been following it but the media attention is unavoidable. It looks like they're trying to avoid the spectacle of the Charles/Diana wedding. No carriage, she's arriving in a car. It's supposed to happen in a different smaller church. Not sure if it's being televised or not but thank goodness for cable & Netflix. You couldn't get away from the last one but this time there are a lot of places where we can flee.

Good because past the coverage of Entertainment Tonight, I'm not that interested. The royal family has never really fascinated me. We see get enough of this with the Hilton and Kardashian sisters.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:17 pm

I think the reason no one is really interested is because you don't hear about Harry and William falling out drunk, getting arrested, getting caught have sex on camera or anything erroneous like that. The only time I ever hear about those boys is when they're doing charity work. So.....it's not 'entertaining' enough. I'm not interested simply because I don't follow celebrities like that but they are the Royal family so media coverage is unavoidable. I didn't even know they were getting married in April. To me, it seems like those two are trying to keep a low profile about it but because of their names, they can't.
    Jill
    Jill
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by Jill Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:00 pm

They are a gorgeous couple (she's stunning!) and I'm very happy that they've found happiness together. But the only aspect of their wedding I care about is seeing her dress and then reading the snark these guys post about it. Smile
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Congrats to him on his impending nuptials, but I honestly couldn't care less about any of the details. If People Magazine wants to do a cover story about it, fine, but I hope that this doesn't preempt any television.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:55 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:Congrats to him on his impending nuptials, but I honestly couldn't care less about any of the details. If People Magazine wants to do a cover story about it, fine, but I hope that this doesn't preempt any television.

Basically. Bully, bully for him that he found a bride....but I'm anything but interested in seeing televised coverage of their ceremony, or the moments leading up to it.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

The Official Royal Wedding Thread [merged] - Page 2 Empty The Royal family

Post by Kral Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 pm

I just noticed that the Royal Family doesn't have a last name. They all have individual names but not common surname that binds them.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:01 pm

I was thinking "Windsor" but had to look it up. Apparently they didn't for a long time & chose one. They apparently added "Mountbatten" later. But yeah, it's strange that for a while they didn't even have one.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyalFamily/TheRoyalFamilyname/Overview.aspx
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:01 pm

I thought 'Windsor' was their last name too. From what I read, British royals allegedly have no use for surnames. Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:13 pm

I thought it was Windsor as well.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

The Official Royal Wedding Thread [merged] - Page 2 Empty Are you gonna watch the Royal Wedding?

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:09 am

I wish the schedule pinpointed the exact time they were planning to say their "I Do's," because I would tune in for the vows. But I'm not interested in the pregame show, commentary and seeing the guests arrive.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:10 am

i'll prolly skip and see the recap on all the entertainment news shows.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:38 am

I don't know what day it is but I'm sure I'll have a more pressing engagement when it happens...like watching paint dry.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:54 am

I'm not at all interested.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:28 am

I'll just catch it on the news.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:32 am

ROFLMAO!
    rienpoet
    rienpoet
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by rienpoet Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:38 am

Nah.
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rainmaker Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:14 am

I'm not interested whatsoever, if my TV is on at all I guarantee that I won't be watching that.
    Jaws
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 7

Post by Jaws Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:16 am

Who cares? I don't!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:28 am

No, I don't have any interest in seeing it at all.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:09 am

I have no desire to see Prince William marry that old looking woman.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:47 am

I think I'm gonna sit that one out. To me this wedding seems akin to those Hollywood remakes of late; never as good as the first time.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:22 am

They may as well show it on C-Span because that's how entertaining I think it'll be.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:36 am

No offense to them but the "royal family" has no significance to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:33 am