CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
6 posters

People who are not greatful drive me batty

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

People who are not greatful drive me batty Empty People who are not greatful drive me batty

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:42 pm

Sorry in advance for this vent...

I swear, people just don't give a damn.

Tonight I was driving and thought that it has been weeks that we have been giving two kids a ride to and from the Y on Fridays for youth night. The parents have yet to say thank you. Have not met either set of parents, only spoke to one on the phone once. I am so annoyed by this...pick up is at 9:50. Aren't the parents even curious about the people driving their kids home at almost ten on a Friday?

So, that was on my mind at drop off tonight, then I got my mail....

There is a lady who babysits my son's cousins. She is a really negative lady, kind of an old bat. Sometimes I do feel bad for her because even her own (adult) kids don't like her. So, last weekend I bought a Scrabble puzzle book at the dollar store to do on car rides. She LOVES Scrabble, so I thought she would like them. Asked her for her address, sent her a few pages I tore out. I came home tonight to a message from her, "They are too hard. It was hardly worth my walk to the mail box for them."

She is obese, hence the "walk" comment. Screw her. I am so mad right now. I tried to be nice, though she has been an old bat since the day I met her.

Vent over.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

People who are not greatful drive me batty Empty Re: People who are not greatful drive me batty

Post by Tony Marino Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:39 am

Red sometimes no matter how much or what you do for certain people its never good enough. That is just plain selfish and that runs rampant with a lot of people I know including my own family with my Dad at the head of the list. I just ignore it and keep on doing what I do because in the end, I know I did something good.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

People who are not greatful drive me batty Empty Re: People who are not greatful drive me batty

Post by Chris Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:43 am

Tony Marino wrote:Red sometimes no matter how much or what you do for certain people its never good enough. That is just plain selfish and that runs rampant with a lot of people I know including my own family with my Dad at the head of the list. I just ignore it and keep on doing what I do because in the end, I know I did something good.

I agree. As galling as it can be to run into ingrates and unappreciative people, in the end I take solace in the fact that I did something nice or selfless.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:07 am

I'll go along with Tony and Chris, Red. There's just no pleasing some people. It doesn't sound like you're ready to stop being a taxi for these two kids yet. You could always ask them to tell their parents that you hope they don't mind that you've been driving their kids on a suspended license and that you expect to get it back in a few months after your last DUI charge.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:11 am

alan smithee wrote:I'll go along with Tony and Chris, Red. There's just no pleasing some people. It doesn't sound like you're ready to stop being a taxi for these two kids yet. You could always ask them to tell their parents that you hope they don't mind that you've been driving their kids on a suspended license and that you expect to get it back in a few months after your last DUI charge.

People who are not greatful drive me batty 954338
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:57 pm

You could always ask them to tell their parents that you hope they don't mind that you've been driving their kids on a suspended license and that you expect to get it back in a few months after your last DUI charge.

LOL! That is too funny.

And you are right, Red's Taxi service shall stay open. It's just hard to tell kids no when I am going anyway for my son.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:23 am

I'll chime in with everyone else - you did a good thing and hat was really nice of you. There's no pleasing some people, no matter what you do.

I love what Alan said - lol! Can you not drive the kids for a couple of weeks and see if that makes a difference? Sad that some parents are so... out of it. I worked with a kid last fall who had severe cerebral palsy. His Mom was going to send him on the band trip to Hawaii and just assumed other parents would take care of him. She wasn't going to hire anyone and this kid required full personal care, used a wheelchair and required round the clock supervision due to his medical needs.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:46 am

TSJ, I actually did consider stopping the driving for a couple weeks by telling the kids that I am dropping my son off after running errands...but both live near, so they would see that I am not gone. But the thing is, I don't think either kid could go if I did not take them. Their parents literally won't drive the less than two miles....that is just nuts. I was just bitching to my son's dad about it, and he is the one who picks them up, and he said I shouldn't have a bug about it because the kids are always thankful. And he is right.

I can not believe that story about the kid last fall and the parents being like that about the trip. That is so careless. Not even disrespectful...I would think they would want the best care 24/7, so that is just really strange.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:03 am

Story of my life....no one is ever grateful when I extend my time to help or assist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:50 am