CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+49
Rainmaker
Friendly Veteran
Bluesmama
wants2laugh
binky04
Hyacinth Girl
Kral
Cheaps
gingersnaps
2xy
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Bella_Dama
sailorlover
Jill
TSJFan4Ever
tmontyb
femme fatale
CeCe
CatEyes10736
TPP
Shale
JM130ELM
jade80
tewaz1
Alan Smithee
Nhaiyel
Dan70
FightSleep
RobbieFTW
DarkOblivion
RedBedroom
Wadsworth
MandyPerfumeGirl
Forgiveness Man
stonestatic
SecHandNews
Supernova
stavdash
Ghost1P
Marc™
Darkflower
captainbryce
Alden
Jason B.
ThePayback
Nystyle709
Impact
Tony Marino
Chris
53 posters

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged]

Poll

Do you support President Obama for re-election?

[ 2 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Bar_left40%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Bar_left20%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Bar_left40%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Bar_left0%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Empty The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged]

Post by Chris Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:36 am

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Barack-obama-stari_1111370c
    The
    Barack Obama
    Discussion Thread!

Discuss all things Obama-related here.

His approval rating has dropped, but on average every presidents approval rating is significantly lower than it was a year after they took office. What are Obama's chances of snagging a second term?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Empty Re: The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged]

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:51 pm

Chris wrote:His approval rating has dropped, but on average every presidents approval rating is significantly lower than it was a year after they took office. What are Obama's chances of snagging a second term?

If he manages to unravel the mess Bush left us in, he has a good chance!!
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] Empty Re: The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged]

Post by Impact Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:08 pm

Chris wrote:His approval rating has dropped, but on average every presidents approval rating is significantly lower than it was a year after they took office. What are Obama's chances of snagging a second term?

Too soon to say, since thus far Palin (and don't let her groupies fool you....hardly anybody will vote for her) is pretty much the only one being murmured about as far as the '12 election goes. But I think he has a real shot. Obama's support is steady amongst those who actually voted for him the 1st time. It's his longstanding opposers who scream louder and louder against him.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:07 pm

To everyone who voted for Obama:

Will you vote for him again?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Yup.
    ThePayback
    ThePayback
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by ThePayback Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:33 pm

I'm voting for him again. Obama is doing a good job despite what the republican spin cycle tries to manipulate us into believing. I can't believe that after 8 years of Bush mucking things up, some are cynical because Obama didn't come in and wave some magic wand that fixes everything immediately.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Absolutely he's getting my vote again.
    Alden
    Alden
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Alden Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:21 pm

Well if Palin is his opposition, then there's zero question in my mind who I'm voting for.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:24 pm

I didn't vote for him mostly because I don't vote. But to be honest, as far as the people who voted for him goes, I don't see why they wouldn't vote for him again as of now. I really don't think he's done anything "wrong" yet and so far I don't think he could be doing anything better with what he's got on his table. I hear a lot of criticizm from people who are against him, but no real specific examples of things he could be doing better or solutions. Plus I really don't think any of the other 2008 candidates would be doing any better right now if they were in his place. The next presidential election is still two years away. The decision to vote for him again or not should be based on who he is running against and whether people feel like that person could do any better. For instance, if he ends up running against Sarah Palin then he should be the President again because she isn't remotely qualified to be the President of the United States. If he ends up running against some intellegent, respectable Republican who explains his exact plans for fixing everything that's currently wrong with the country by then, then he should be considered as Obama's replacement.
    Darkflower
    Darkflower
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 1

Post by Darkflower Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Impact wrote:Will you vote for him again?

I think so, yes. I'd like to see what he could do with another term. This one's been mostly about addressing the unexpected, testing his endurance against onslaught, and clearing out old Republican baggage.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:06 pm

My guess is that he's aware of the next election season and so he's playing it very carefully during his first term. I think his second term is when his true agenda will begin to fall into place. So yeah, I'll be voting for him.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:37 am

Marc wrote:My guess is that he's aware of the next election season and so he's playing it very carefully during his first term. I think his second term is when his true agenda will begin to fall into place. So yeah, I'll be voting for him.

I think so too. Obama's first term has been about creating the world, his second will be about playing it in...if that makes any sense. For the sake of reelection, I think he has been cautious about not being too radical with his plans. If he gets a second term, I anticipate more blunt meanderings. I'm gonna vote for him in 2012. I actually didn't get to vote for him in 2008, because I had the flu that week and wasn't up for leaving the house. Probably for the best. In 2000, I voted for Gore. In 2004, I voted for Kerry. Both lost. I think my not getting to vote for Obama is what got him in.
    Ghost1P
    Ghost1P
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Ghost1P Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

I am disappointed with him on a number of fronts, but the alternative we had was Hillary Clinton. I would vote for him again, but I'd have to grit my teeth to do so.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:08 am

Ghost1P wrote:
    I am disappointed with him on a number of fronts, but the alternative we had was Hillary Clinton. I would vote for him again, but I'd have to grit my teeth to do so.

Which in particular?
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Without question. My biggest qualm with Obama is that he has not completely deaded Bush' nonsensical song and dance with Iraq, but even as far as that is concerned, I know that it takes time to end a war. Beyond that, I have been content everything else he has done. I will vote for him again in 2012.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Seeing as how his popularity among his supporters has dropped to below 50%, I think it's a safe bet he won't be.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Supernova wrote:Seeing as how his popularity among his supporters has dropped to below 50%, I think it's a safe bet he won't be.

Umm, no. Obama has another two full years in office. You don't know what could or will happen in that time. Americans are fickle as hell, so it would be so stupid to judge what the rest of his first term is going to be based on his first year. He has A LOT of mess to clean up. Doesn't happen overnight.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:22 pm

I think he probably has a good chance. People complain about Obama dragging his feet, but after 8 yrs. of Bush I don't think the country has swung back over to the right yet. It will rest on how suave his republican opponent is.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:30 pm

JB wrote:I think he probably has a good chance. People complain about Obama dragging his feet, but after 8 yrs. of Bush I don't think the country has swung back over to the right yet. It will rest on how suave his republican opponent is.

And it's like seriously, who is his opponent? If any GOP candidate comes out of the blocks spewing that same rhetoric that Bush and the rest of staunch, ultra-conservatives like to co-sign, they are going to be hard pressed to control the White House again. Any GOP candidate who wants a shot at any kind of position is going to have to be MODERATELY conservative at best. Bush fucked up that party ROYALLY.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:30 pm

I wouldn't count him out just yet. Obama has this almost Kennedy/Reagen-esque quality about him that compels the flock. Like JB pointed out, it's going to take someone who is more charismatic than him to overthrow that.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:21 am

I think he may get a second term in office, but it won't be by the same landslide he won it with in '08. I think next time it will be a closer race. I also don't think that Palin will be his central Republican opposition either. She's like the Paris Hilton/Kim Kardashian version of a politician. The majority of the Republican party isn't going to take her seriously enough for her to be THEE candidate.
    stonestatic
    stonestatic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 24

Post by stonestatic Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Yes!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:15 am

I didn't vote last time. I'd like to see a good sell job on why I should vote for this guy this time that doesn't once mention George Bush. Razz I'd honestly like to hear real reasons why I should even look his way on the ticket.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 am

Absolutely, I'd vote for him again
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:58 am

What's the alternative? Palin??? Nah man. I'm voting Barack again in '12 definitely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:25 am