CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+49
Rainmaker
Friendly Veteran
Bluesmama
wants2laugh
binky04
Hyacinth Girl
Kral
Cheaps
gingersnaps
2xy
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Bella_Dama
sailorlover
Jill
TSJFan4Ever
tmontyb
femme fatale
CeCe
CatEyes10736
TPP
Shale
JM130ELM
jade80
tewaz1
Alan Smithee
Nhaiyel
Dan70
FightSleep
RobbieFTW
DarkOblivion
RedBedroom
Wadsworth
MandyPerfumeGirl
Forgiveness Man
stonestatic
SecHandNews
Supernova
stavdash
Ghost1P
Marc™
Darkflower
captainbryce
Alden
Jason B.
ThePayback
Nystyle709
Impact
Tony Marino
Chris
53 posters

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged]

Poll

Do you support President Obama for re-election?

[ 2 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Bar_left40%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Bar_left20%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Bar_left40%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Bar_left0%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Empty Re: The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged]

Post by Chris Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:26 am

The only thing that Clinton did that I didn't approve of was The Telecommunications Act of 1996; and that's petty. I keep on envisioning Joe Biden resigning, and Obama choosing Bill to be his vice president running mate for 2012. Talk about a landslide that would be.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Empty Re: The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged]

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:44 am

Chris wrote:The only thing that Clinton did that I didn't approve of was The Telecommunications Act of 1996; and that's petty. I keep on envisioning Joe Biden resigning, and Obama choosing Bill to be his vice president running mate for 2012. Talk about a landslide that would be.
    That would hardly be a landslide. lol Obama is unpopular and Clinton was never really THAT popular either. Obama cannot do anything to win this 2012 election. In order for him to win, the GOP has to really screw up, and I mean screw up BIG time. I think most of the leading candidates right now could take down Obama no matter who his running mate is come 2012. But Bill Clinton wouldn't be that strong a running mate. Hillary would be a stronger running mate. (Of course, if Obama puts her as a running mate, he'd better watch his back if he wins. One heartbeat away from the presidency is NOT a place he wants Hillary to be. Wink ) The only landslide possible with Obama is a landslide defeat. big grin
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Chris wrote:The only thing that Clinton did that I didn't approve of was The Telecommunications Act of 1996; and that's petty. I keep on envisioning Joe Biden resigning, and Obama choosing Bill to be his vice president running mate for 2012. Talk about a landslide that would be.

The 22nd Amendment:
    1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

I'm no legal scholar but I don’t think this would disqualify him from being elected Vice-president and even serving as President if the worst should happen.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:13 pm

I don't like DADT or DOMA which he has to accept the responsibility for. That was bullshit. He's expressed some regret but both have caused a lot of unnecessary suffering. Not sure about the Telecommunications Act, will have to look that one up....but we were in a better situation as a country as far as the economy.

Don't think Bill Clinton can run but Hillary could.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:44 pm

CeCe wrote: I don't like DADT or DOMA which he has to accept the responsibility for. That was bullshit. He's expressed some regret but both have caused a lot of unnecessary suffering...
    Yeah, even tho I voted for him and realize he was the best choice of the time, I got frustrated with him putting his finger in the air to see which way the wind was blowing. He did a lot of stuff to appease the right-wingnuts among us.

I dabble in illustration and he was the only prez that garnered two of my political cartoons. The up a tree one got published in the Gainesville Sun.

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 1994_i10

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 1996_i10

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Empty What do you like most about Obama?

Post by Chris Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:13 am

Even if you haven't been much of a fan of his presidency, is there anything about it or him that you do like?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:44 am

Well for starters, he's not an ultra-conservative Republican. I think his administration has had a generally positive affect on the direction of this country's foreign policy (because he is able to do that pretty much unilaterally without congressional Republican obstructionism.) It's that obstructionism that has hampered domestic policy.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:47 am

i think he truly cares about people. He enacted the mortgage modification program to help people struggling thru the economy to keep their houses. Unforunately, i do not think its enough. If we can bail out wall street, and car companies, and banks, why cant we bail out the american people who will definitely put the money back into the economy anyway???
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:06 am

wants2laugh wrote:i think he truly cares about people. He enacted the mortgage modification program to help people struggling thru the economy to keep their houses. Unforunately, i do not think its enough. If we can bail out wall street, and car companies, and banks, why cant we bail out the american people who will definitely put the money back into the economy anyway???

I recently watched a made for cable movie on HBO called "Too Big To Fail", a dramatization (as if the real life events weren't dramatic enough) of the financial meltdown in 2008. At the end of the movie, that ends with the TARP bailout of the banks, Paul Giamati (as FED chairman Ben Bernanke) says something along the lines that he hopes the banks do what they're supposed to do with the money: lend it as credit and William Hurt (as Treasury Sect. Henry Paulson) says something like "of course they will, why wouldn't they?" We're still waiting.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 am

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:45 am

The guy is destroying the Democratic party and himself. He's a walking disaster and the average person who wouldn't vote for anybody with a D in their name knows it! Now it's just a race to see what will sink first, the country or the party. It's unfortunate that it's come to this, but yeah, that's the best thing about the guy. He's not very smart so he exposes the ultra-left agenda for the destructive policy that it is.

Runner up for his best qualities is that he's very funny to watch. Kind of like a kid trying to figure out how to work complicated machinery and not succeeding. If it weren't so damaging to the country, it'd be very compelling television! big grin
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:16 am

That he should be leaving office soon.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:22 am

He got healthcare...something no other president has been able to do. And he's not a Republican. That's more than enough reason to like him.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:56 am

He's cute
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:13 pm

cheaps wrote:He's cute

Sooooooooooo on a scale from 1 to 10? big grin
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Other than I think he's a moron with a healthcare plan that people can't afford, anyway . . . .

He has charisma, which probably got him elected. He doesn't represent any of the changes I want.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Sooooooooooo on a scale from 1 to 10? big grin

7 blushing
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Supernova wrote:That he should be leaving office soon.

I can't tell considering how the Republican party can't find a worthy opponent to go against him. Might not be with the same edge be got over McCain, but I'm predicting Obama/Biden in 2012.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:30 pm

JM130ELM wrote:

I can't tell considering how the Republican party can't find a worthy opponent to go against him.

Herman Cain!

Might not be with the same edge be got over McCain, but I'm predicting Obama/Biden in 2012.

For the most part.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 am

Best thing about Obama, is that he makes an awesome bobblehead:

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Bobblehead
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:24 am

JM130ELM wrote:

I can't tell considering how the Republican party can't find a worthy opponent to go against him. Might not be with the same edge be got over McCain, but I'm predicting Obama/Biden in 2012.

Agreed. Can anyone seriously name one Republican that stands half a chance?
    Friendly Veteran
    Friendly Veteran
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 10

Post by Friendly Veteran Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:55 pm

I do not like his political agenda which to me is simply Marxist. He is going the same route Carter did in many of his economic issues. Suppressing the free market by demonizing them is not the way to go.
    I am for having a system that encourages the market to grow, not to take away from people to give it to others. That is what I call missplaced compassion.
    You have a great day.
    Friendly Veteran
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Welcome back Friendly Vet. Please try to stop by more often.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:23 pm

JM130ELM wrote:

At this point, I think both of the frontrunners could really trash the guy barring any big screwup. The guy has nothing to really run on so I say the Republican needs multiple screw-ups to really give Obama a shot. I'll never underestimate their ability to nominate some moderate loser cause they think they'll win more easily. But I think they still got some power and that is gonna make Obama very scared.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 10 Empty President Obama declares end of Iraq War; troops out by year's end (video)

Post by Chris Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:34 am

President Obama declares end of Iraq War; troops out by year's end
    Friday, October 21, 2011

By Carlos Granda, Leanne Suter, Sid Garcia and Leticia Juarez

WASHINGTON (KABC) -- In a stunning Friday announcement, President Barack Obama declared the impending end to the nearly nine-year war in Iraq, saying American troops will be home for the holidays.

"Over the next two months, our troops in Iraq, tens of thousands of them, will pack up their gear and board convoys for the journey home," Obama said.

It will end one of the longest wars in U.S. history. The president said he wants all U.S. troops out of Iraq by the end of 2011.

"Our troops are finally coming home," Obama said during a news briefing.

The announcement puts to an end the possibility of maintaining a U.S. military presence in Iraq beyond the withdrawal deadline that was set in 2008 by President George W. Bush. In recent months, Washington had been discussing the possibility of several thousand American troops remaining to continue training Iraqi security forces. But Iraqi leaders refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts, and the U.S. refused to stay without that guarantee.

"The last American soldier will cross the border out of Iraq with their heads held high, proud of their success and knowing that the American people stand united in our support for our troops," Obama said.

Sources say Obama informed Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki on the news via a secure video conference. The president and the state department feel Iraq will be able to handle its own security.

"We do have confidence that they can provide security. We've been working hard to build that capability over many years, and I think what we've seen in this drawdown is that they are able to meet some of these challenges," said Mark Toner of the U.S. State Department.

More than 4,400 American military members have been killed since the U.S. invaded Iraq in March 2003. There are 39,000 U.S. troops in Iraq as of this week, and the monthly cost of the war was estimated at nearly $4 billion.

The president says after Jan. 1, 2012, the U.S. will deal with Iraq as a partner and continue to work to provide stability in the region.

Obama also said the next step is to continue the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=8400841

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:39 am