CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+49
Rainmaker
Friendly Veteran
Bluesmama
wants2laugh
binky04
Hyacinth Girl
Kral
Cheaps
gingersnaps
2xy
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Bella_Dama
sailorlover
Jill
TSJFan4Ever
tmontyb
femme fatale
CeCe
CatEyes10736
TPP
Shale
JM130ELM
jade80
tewaz1
Alan Smithee
Nhaiyel
Dan70
FightSleep
RobbieFTW
DarkOblivion
RedBedroom
Wadsworth
MandyPerfumeGirl
Forgiveness Man
stonestatic
SecHandNews
Supernova
stavdash
Ghost1P
Marc™
Darkflower
captainbryce
Alden
Jason B.
ThePayback
Nystyle709
Impact
Tony Marino
Chris
53 posters

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged]

Poll

Do you support President Obama for re-election?

[ 2 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Bar_left40%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Bar_left20%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Bar_left40%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Bar_left0%The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged]

Post by Chris Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:33 am

Are you satisfied with his performance as commander and chief thus far?
    What could he be doing more/less of?
    Are you going to vote for him in 2012?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged]

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:51 am

I don't know what I will do in '12.
    One thing I can say for sure is that I don't like those folks who dismiss our President to his core. I feel like if I ever had the motivation and feelings to say that our President was destroying America, I would be ready to leave.

I think that President Obama needs to make more solid decisions regarding spending and gettting our troops home if he stands a chance to be back.

I have a very small knowledge of politics, and the older I get, the more I see that we have to question things more at a local level, then look at what our local voting decison's weight is regarding big government.
    DarkOblivion
    DarkOblivion
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by DarkOblivion Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:58 am

^ I agree. I think Obama's intentions are great, that his bigger picture plans are nicely conceived and could be beneficial in the long run, but he tends to tread too lightly for the sake of appeasing or not affronting different sects. That makes him look weak. As horrid as Bush was, the one better quality he had was that he made blatant decisions (though often bad) and stubbornly stuck by them. He didn't flip flop and couldn't be swayed from his final decisions.

But I'll definitely vote for him again.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Sure I'll vote for him again. He's a democrat and I'm a democrat. Nuff said.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:30 am

Who was the better president:
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 President-George-W-Bush

or

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 440px-Official_portrait_of_Barack_Obama

And why?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:21 am

^^^^More and more people are seeing that as flawed as he was(and he was very flawed), ole Bushy is worlds better than Obama. Why? If only cause he wasn't out to tank the country with a bunch of damaging legislation. The economy was good under Bush until the Dems took over Congress and it's been downhill ever since. I think Bush was also better simply because he took responsibility instead of constantly laying the blame to somebody else. I would love to hear Obama do that one day.

As for Obama's performance, I am not disappointed. He is every bit as bad as I thought he'd be and things are happening exactly as I thought they would, including people slowly waking up to see him for the dope that he is.(Of course he still has his fans, I am thinking of those who wouldn't vote for anybody with a D next to their name. Wink ) The guy hasn't done one thing I agree with yet, and I don't think he's done one thing that's actually going to help the country in the short or the long run. The guy talks big(excuse me, reads) and passes bills promising that they'll do great things, but those claims are easy to see through. IDK if this guy is evil in intending for all of this to happen, or just stupid. It doesn't really matter, what matters is that his performance SUCKS. And frankly, I am tired of people justifying it saying that "He's better than Bush!" I'm waiting for this guy to stand on his own merits, but he really doesn't have any to stand on. There's just nothing about this guy that's good for the country. His benefits are all talk, and his negatives all too real. I expect a certain few to fry me for this with insults and such, but that's to be expected. Celebrities have fangirls. Wink

I wish nothing but good things for Obama and his family, but I wish these good things for him AWAY from Washington DC.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Reign wrote:^ I agree. I think Obama's intentions are great, that his bigger picture plans are nicely conceived and could be beneficial in the long run, but he tends to tread too lightly for the sake of appeasing or not affronting different sects. That makes him look weak. As horrid as Bush was, the one better quality he had was that he made blatant decisions (though often bad) and stubbornly stuck by them. He didn't flip flop and couldn't be swayed from his final decisions.

But I'll definitely vote for him again.
    Exactly. This is what frustrates me about Obama. He trying to be too nice and worrying about bi-partianship. Fuck those Republicans, do what you have to do and do what will benefit the greater majority of the people. They didn't give a damn about what Democrats thought when they were the majority and look what happened. He shouldn't care either. You can't please them anyway.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:09 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^More and more people are seeing that as flawed as he was(and he was very flawed), ole Bushy is worlds better than Obama.
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 136616 .
    Why? If only cause he wasn't out to tank the country with a bunch of damaging legislation.
    Okay, so he didn't mean to do it? He was just badly advised? Yeah, we'll go ahead and accept that one. The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 11852
    The economy was good under Bush until the Dems took over Congress and it's been downhill ever since.
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 136616 . Let's see here....Bush took a surplus and spent it into oblivion. That alone doesn't qualify him being good on any means. Gas prices tripled. Twenty-two million jobs that were created are gone because of his 'damaging legislation'. Spent all the money on a bullshit war. Are you serious? Only you crazy Republicans are going to try to say Obama is spending more than Bush. He spending money trying to HELP Americans (which all of you failed to do) and he's getting crucified for it.
    I think Bush was also better simply because he took responsibility instead of constantly laying the blame to somebody else. I would love to hear Obama do that one day.

He finally took responsibility for his dumbness? Yeah, that's a good one.

As for Obama's performance, I am not disappointed. He is every bit as bad as I thought he'd be and things are happening exactly as I thought they would, including people slowly waking up to see him for the dope that he is.(Of course he still has his fans, I am thinking of those who wouldn't vote for anybody with a D next to their name. Wink ) The guy hasn't done one thing I agree with yet, and I don't think he's done one thing that's actually going to help the country in the short or the long run. The guy talks big(excuse me, reads) and passes bills promising that they'll do great things, but those claims are easy to see through. IDK if this guy is evil in intending for all of this to happen, or just stupid. It doesn't really matter, what matters is that his performance SUCKS. And frankly, I am tired of people justifying it saying that "He's better than Bush!" I'm waiting for this guy to stand on his own merits, but he really doesn't have any to stand on. There's just nothing about this guy that's good for the country. His benefits are all talk, and his negatives all too real. I expect a certain few to fry me for this with insults and such, but that's to be expected. Celebrities have fangirls. Wink

I wish nothing but good things for Obama and his family, but I wish these good things for him AWAY from Washington DC.
    Exactly WHAT is Obama doing that is so horrid?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Exactly WHAT is Obama doing that is so horrid?

He didn't tank the country though. lol Obama is! Razz

Bush had a surplus cause Clinton neglected the millitary. I could have a surplus too if I neglected to pay my bills. lol Gas prices went up but Bush got them back then. Obama came in and they doubled since he took office, and it's only been 1.5 years. Razz Obama is NOT spending money to help Americans, he's just using that as a front and the gullible believe him.(I like your contradiction though) He's not helping the people. And I am not even a Republican, so hush. Razz And nobody can deny that Obama is spending more than Bush did. As for the war, Obama still has us at war so I guess he's no better than ole Bushy. He didn't bring change, just the same ole failed policies. Bush was really dumb, but still smarter than Obama. Razz Obama can't take responsibility for anything dumb he does, and he does a lot of dumb things.

What hasn't he done that's horrid? Massive spending bills, growing government out the wazoo, giving us a bunch of hacks for the court, he's done nothing right. All he does is talk a good game and then try to sell his crappy legislation under the guise of "helping people" and "free stuff," never mind that none of his bills will do any of that.(Well, I shouldn't say that, I am sure government is benefiting a lot at our expense) I am all for helping people, hence why Obama needs to get out of DC and let somebody with a brain run the country. The guy is an empty suit who hasn't done a damn thing to help the country. Oh yeah, Bush was bad is the defense. Well Bush is no longer the president and it's about time Obama stand on his own merits. But he can't, cause he's got none. The only way to make Obama look good is to shout "BUSH!"
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:41 pm

I think Obama's 2nd term (I hope he gets one) will be better than his 1st. He's actually got radical ideas but as said already, he taps for the sake of not disturbing the peace and possibly with his 2nd race campaign in mind. If he gets a 2nd term, I bet his gloves will come off and he will stop trying to spare feelings.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:44 pm

^^^^
    Since when has Obama ever spared feelings? lol (Aside from in his prettied up speeches) The guy does whatever he wants that he can get away with.

I think Obama can only get a 2nd term if the GOP picks more old geezer losers as nominees. McCain was an old geezer loser. I think if the GOP picks a serious candidate, Obama is toast. If they pick another hasbeen, then maybe he'd squeak it out. Of course, Obama is becoming such a drag on the party that they might be the ones who undo his career.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

He didn't tank the country though. lol Obama is! Razz

Bush had a surplus cause Clinton neglected the millitary.

Clinton was paying down the national defecit with that surplus. What did Bush do with it? Yeah, it's too bad Clinton didn't believe in spending outrageous money on war and military but focused on job growth and other things that help the quality of life for the citizens of this country. Lo and behold....the greatest economic growth and prosperity happened under his watch.

I could have a surplus too if I neglected to pay my bills. lol Gas prices went up but Bush got them back then. Obama came in and they doubled since he took office, and it's only been 1.5 years. Razz

Just stop. Obama INHERITED this mess. He didn't cause anything and he's trying to clean it up. All of you who have negative things to say about him aren't offering any real solutions and just blowing smoke out of your ass.

Obama is NOT spending money to help Americans, he's just using that as a front and the gullible believe him.(I like your contradiction though) He's not helping the people. And I am not even a Republican, so hush. Razz And nobody can deny that Obama is spending more than Bush did. As for the war, Obama still has us at war so I guess he's no better than ole Bushy.

LOL. I find it funny how all of his critics expect him to come into office and wave a magic wand and fix all the damage the previous administration has done. It took 8 years for Bush to damn near destroy this country. You're not even giving him a chance. Obama is barely half way into his first term and you're already huffing. This mess can't be fixed overnight. When 2012 comes and the country is still in a shithole, then maybe you can talk.

He didn't bring change, just the same ole failed policies. Bush was really dumb, but still smarter than Obama. Razz
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 136616 . You need to be a comedian.

Obama can't take responsibility for anything dumb he does, and he does a lot of dumb things.

What hasn't he done that's horrid? Massive spending bills, growing government out the wazoo, giving us a bunch of hacks for the court, he's done nothing right. All he does is talk a good game and then try to sell his crappy legislation under the guise of "helping people" and "free stuff," never mind that none of his bills will do any of that.(Well, I shouldn't say that, I am sure government is benefiting a lot at our expense) I am all for helping people, hence why Obama needs to get out of DC and let somebody with a brain run the country. The guy is an empty suit who hasn't done a damn thing to help the country. Oh yeah, Bush was bad is the defense. Well Bush is no longer the president and it's about time Obama stand on his own merits. But he can't, cause he's got none. The only way to make Obama look good is to shout "BUSH!"

Well, at least he's right. We can't let people forget the reason why they're in the mess that they're in. Americans have fickle memories. In the meantime, let's see what he does in next two years. I find it baffling that you REALLY think everything was supposed to be fixed by now. You should know better.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Clinton didn't give us a good economy. The Republicans did when they took over in 95, and the economy still tanked by 2000 cause Clinton was at the helm. Clinton didn't give us a good economy. Clinton is overrated, but still better than Obama. (And I am glad you support cutting funding for the men and women who serve our country, just like Clinton did.) So I guess Obama does make me miss the days of Clinton. Just when I thought ole Screwaround was bad, we get this guy.

"Obama inherited this mess!" I am so tired of hearing that. It's not true, it never was. Obama inherited a recession he helped to create when the crats took over the congress, and he's taken a bad situation and made it worse. The guy needs to stop blaming Bush and start realizing that the mess we're in is mostly HIS fault. I guess Obama is teaching us our multiplication tables as he multiplies the debt.

Americans do have fickle memories, hence how a moron like Obama got in with his promises of failed policies. And he's not right, the facts prove that. Razz And I never expected everything to be fixed by him(Nothing this guy does surprises me). He's taken active steps to make things worse like I knew he would. More and more people are seeing that Obama makes a moron like Bush like smart. The guy is an empty suit who hasn't done a damn thing to make things better, aside from make the Democrats more unpopular. Wink
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Are you satisfied with his performance as commander and chief thus far?
    Yes and no. He and his administration has done some things I like (salary caps on government officials; fostering race relations ie: the boston cop who arrested the black man for breaking into his own house; withdrawing troops from Iraq; enacting the healthcare program). But he's also done a few things that I haven't liked (not being hard enough on BP; sitting on "Don't Ask Don't Tell" which he promied to repeal during the campaign; interfering with the Arizona immigration laws; not taking over GM and Chrysler when they cheated American tax payers). He's done okay! Not great and not that bad.
    What could he be doing more/less of? Mentioned above!

Are you going to vote for him in 2012? No. I don't vote!
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:03 am

Marc wrote:Who was the better president:
    The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 President-George-W-Bush

or

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 440px-Official_portrait_of_Barack_Obama

And why?

Is this a joke? Of course Obama (so far). Why? Because Bush lied to the American people to start two wars (neither of which had an end in sight when he started them) that cost us the lives of thousands of American troops, weakened our economy and alienated the US from much of the rest of the world. All that over the WMD's that we never found! I'm not even going to mention "oil". Oh wait, too late! That and the fact that he was never qualified to be President to begin with. He was just riding his daddy's coat tails. I think he and his administration were collectively incompetent (Rumsfeld was a complete idiot; Cheney was evil; Powell was weak; and Rice was a yes woman). The jury is still out on Obama's "team".
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:16 am

^^^^And Obama doesn't lie? FORGIVENESS MAN Maybe not, he might actually believe the shite he says. Wink
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:48 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^And Obama doesn't lie? FORGIVENESS MAN Maybe not, he might actually believe the shite he says. Wink
    Like I said, the Jury is still out on Obama. He still has many promises yet to fulfill but I do think he is at least making an attempt to do so. The question should be has he been caught in a bold face lie to the American people nearly as great as what the Bush administration did when they lied about Iraq? NO! And THAT'S why Bush was not only a worse President than Obama, but probably one of the worst of all time!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:08 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Clinton didn't give us a good economy. The Republicans did when they took over in 95, and the economy still tanked by 2000 cause Clinton was at the helm. Clinton didn't give us a good economy. Clinton is overrated, but still better than Obama. (And I am glad you support cutting funding for the men and women who serve our country, just like Clinton did.) So I guess Obama does make me miss the days of Clinton. Just when I thought ole Screwaround was bad, we get this guy.

"Obama inherited this mess!" I am so tired of hearing that. It's not true, it never was. Obama inherited a recession he helped to create when the crats took over the congress, and he's taken a bad situation and made it worse. The guy needs to stop blaming Bush and start realizing that the mess we're in is mostly HIS fault. I guess Obama is teaching us our multiplication tables as he multiplies the debt.

Americans do have fickle memories, hence how a moron like Obama got in with his promises of failed policies. And he's not right, the facts prove that. The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Icon_razz And I never expected everything to be fixed by him(Nothing this guy does surprises me). He's taken active steps to make things worse like I knew he would. More and more people are seeing that Obama makes a moron like Bush like smart. The guy is an empty suit who hasn't done a damn thing to make things better, aside from make the Democrats more unpopular. The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Icon_wink
    Okay.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:09 pm

captainbryce wrote:Like I said, the Jury is still out on Obama. He still has many promises yet to fulfill but I do think he is at least making an attempt to do so. The question should be has he been caught in a bold face lie to the American people nearly as great as what the Bush administration did when they lied about Iraq? NO! And THAT'S why Bush was not only a worse President than Obama, but probably one of the worst of all time!
    Don't even try Captainbryce. Leave 'im be. You'll damn near bust a vein reading his shit.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:09 am

Obama haters like pretending he got some magic wand that's gonna automatically fix everything Bush fucked up in the 8 yrs before him in a single wave.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:13 am

Wadsworth wrote:Obama haters like pretending he got some magic wand that's gonna automatically fix everything Bush fucked up in the 8 yrs before him in a single wave.
    I don't expect Obama to wave a magic wand. I expect him to make things worse, and he is living up to my expectations. lol

Besides, Bush didn't F up all that much, Obama is doing that. lol The guy isn't slowly fixing Bush's mess, he's very quickly adding to it. Wink
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:21 am

Hillary Clinton for Vice President in 2012? Biden 'Trade Talk' Murmur Could Swell

Washington's chattering class, never timid about giving advice to the
    president of the United States, is floating the idea of Secretary of
    State Hillary Clinton becoming Barack Obama's running mate in two years.

Time magazine, in an item Wednesday on its website,
    said Obama perhaps should consider the proposition -- "dump Biden"
    would be part of it -- as he begins planning for his reelection bid in
    2012. "Amid two wars, a stubborn unemployment rate, an oil spill . . .
    might the White House need a little star power to jump-start what could
    be a tougher reelection than expected?" writes contributor Dan
    Fastenberg. "As secretary of state, Hillary Clinton has been striking
    the same tone as Team No Drama Obama, as opposed to the human gaffe
    machine." Hmm, would that be Vice President Joe Biden and his big
    bleeping deal health care law?

The 'Barack Obama' Discussion Thread [merged] - Page 2 Hillary-clinton-joe-biden-427-vm-081110The
    latest round of I-don't-have-anything-better-to-do-today speculation
    began earlier this month when former Virginia Gov. Doug Wilder wrote in
    a Politico
    op-ed piece that Obama should replace Biden with Clinton, in part
    because she would help win back "middle-class independent voters," who
    have drifted away from the president. Working-class voters, says
    Wilder, have always been "more enamored of Clinton." The former
    governor, who is African American, didn't say it, but "working class"
    in this context could be code for white voters, a group Hillary ran
    stronger among than did Obama when they opposed each other -- sometimes
    bitterly -- in the 2008 primary campaign. Wilder goes on to make a case
    against Biden, saying his verbal blunders are not only fodder for
    late-night comedians but have undermined "what little confidence the
    public may have in him."

In a piece for the Washington Post
    website in June, Sally Quinn wrote that Clinton and Biden, former
    chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, should switch jobs.
    "Really," she says. Really? Her argument is that Clinton has done "an
    incredible job" at State and, even in her late 60s, would be a strong
    candidate for president in 2016, while Biden, who is older, has no
    intention of seeking the White House. In the short-term, Obama and
    Clinton would be a "near-unbeatable team" in 2012, according to Quinn.

A month earlier Politics Daily's Eleanor Clift
    beat everyone to the punch by suggesting the same thing. She wrote that
    "Obama's loyalty only goes so far," and if polls show an Obama-Clinton
    ticket would run stronger in 2012, he "might well have Biden step
    aside." Besides, Clift argued, Biden "would be a natural at the State
    Department."

But insofar as a 2016 presidential candidacy is concerned, Hillary
    Clinton has already said her White House aspirations are history. And
    does it matter that she can arguably offer more service to the American
    people as secretary of state than as vice president, a job FDR vice
    president John Nance Garner described as "not worth a bucket of warm
    spit." (Actually, the salty Gardner reportedly used a stronger term
    than spit). Biden, for his part, has emerged as a valuable foreign
    policy adviser to Obama, a roving ambassador, vigorous partisan
    campaigner and all-around good guy. Does he talk too much? Sometimes.
    But that would be just as true at Foggy Bottom as it is in the vice
    president's office.

It's been more than three decades since a president has thrown his vice
    president overboard. A change at the top can be seen as a sign of
    disarray, panic even. Dan Quayle, regarded by his critics as a
    lightweight, survived in 1992 but the Bush-Quayle ticket lost to
    Clinton-Gore. The last president to make a change was Republican Gerald
    Ford, who replaced Vice President Nelson Rockefeller with Sen. Bob Dole
    in 1976 and went on to lose to a peanut farmer from Georgia named Jimmy
    Carter.

Barack Obama considered Hillary Clinton for vice president in 2008.
    Ultimately, he decided she was a better fit at the State Department.
    Good call.

Source: Hillary Clinton for Vice President in 2012? Biden 'Trade Talk' Murmur Could Swell
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:04 am

Awwwww, Biden's funny. Don't get rid of him. Razz I think it would look worse on Obama if he kicked Biden anyway, makes him looked cowardly and scared of being creamed(a reasonable fear I admit). Maybe he's afraid Hillary will challenge him in the primary and wants to make sure that doesn't happen. Although since she IS a Clinton, Obama would be stupid to have her as a VP. Razz
    stonestatic
    stonestatic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 24

Post by stonestatic Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:24 am

I think Hillary should have been his VP all along. After she lost to him in the '08 primary, Obama should have made her his running mate.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 am

stonestatic wrote:I think Hillary should have been his VP all along. After she lost to him in the '08 primary, Obama should have made her his running mate.
    Why? He won without her help and I don't think he's dumb enough to put that woman one heartbeat away from the presidency. It's too close; it tempts her too much. She wants HIS job. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:12 am