CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
CeCe
Chris
6 posters

Should rich [white] men be contributing more in taxes?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should rich [white] men be contributing more in taxes? Empty Should rich [white] men be contributing more in taxes?

Post by Chris Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:34 am

MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski has good news and bad news for America's rich white guys. The bad news: they caused all of our problems. The good news: they can be a part of the solution!

All they need to do is pay more taxes. Brzezinski says unless these top cats start pulling their weight, tax-wise, don't be surprised if a full-on class war breaks out.

Brzezinski laid it all out on MSNBC's "Morning Joe":

“I just don’t understand why with top earners doing better than ever, why they can’t be a part of this equation. ... And if you looked at The New York Times yesterday, and you saw the top 30 earners, and how much money they are making all over again, including some of the people who drove us into the ditch – all white men, by the way, just one woman – and I didn’t see any African-Americans – I think we have a problem that we need to address as a society.”
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Should rich [white] men be contributing more in taxes? Empty Re: Should rich [white] men be contributing more in taxes?

Post by CeCe Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:39 am

The rich, regardless of ethnicity or gender should be contributing more. Period.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Should rich [white] men be contributing more in taxes? Empty Re: Should rich [white] men be contributing more in taxes?

Post by Shale Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:24 am

CeCe wrote:The rich, regardless of ethnicity or gender should be contributing more. Period.
    co-signs
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Um yeah. I think I've acquitted myself of being fairly liberal in social matters but if you want to solve society's ills through higher taxes on "The Rich" it better be regardless of ethnicity and gender and beyond the top 30 earners.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Yeah, what they said. But..........................I do see where they are coming from in the article.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:23 am

I think they should be contributing more, too. Taxes should be based on a percentage of your wage, regardless of how high your wage is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:55 am