CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Shale
CeCe
Supernova
Chris
8 posters

A society without guns?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

A society without guns? Empty A society without guns?

Post by Chris Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:47 am

Do you think that a society without guns (the police didn't have any either) would be better or worse?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

A society without guns? Empty Re: A society without guns?

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:31 am

It doesn't matter if everybody else didn't have them because criminals are ALWAYS going to have guns, so take them away from the law abiding citizens and you are just asking for a massacre.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:47 am

If you mean that guns didn't even exist, I think people would just improvise with other weapons & knives, bats, pipes & homemade weapons would be used. I don't think society would be all that different. The problem isn't so much the guns themselves but the evil that exists in some people. Guns just make things easier for them. Everything that leads to the use of guns would still be there.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:35 am

Chris wrote:Do you think that a society without guns (the police didn't have any either) would be better or worse?
    Aren't you describing England in the 1960s? Where the murder rate was much lower than in comparable US populations.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:14 pm

CeCe wrote:If you mean that guns didn't even exist, I think people would just improvise with other weapons & knives, bats, pipes & homemade weapons would be used. I don't think society would be all that different. The problem isn't so much the guns themselves but the evil that exists in some people. Guns just make things easier for them. Everything that leads to the use of guns would still be there.

co-signs

I agree. Without guns, knifes would just become a more proper commodity. And truth be told, guns are necessary. Makes hunting a lot easier....and as far as I'm concerned, a police force without firearms are just security guards. Some bad guys need to be shot.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:20 pm

It'd be no different, maybe worse. Assuming guns didn't exist AT ALL, we'd find something else to kill each other with. And assuming only the cops and law-abiding citizens didn't have them, we'd just be at the mercy of the crooks who DO have them.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:45 pm

CeCe wrote:If you mean that guns didn't even exist, I think people would just improvise with other weapons & knives, bats, pipes & homemade weapons would be used. I don't think society would be all that different. The problem isn't so much the guns themselves but the evil that exists in some people. Guns just make things easier for them. Everything that leads to the use of guns would still be there.

That's how it was before firearms were invented. Today, people get shot. Before that they were stabbed with swords and spears. Before that they were beaten with clubs and rocks. See the pattern? It's not the weapon, it's the species.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:41 pm

It'll still be the same.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:51 am