CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
2xy
Marc™
Chris
7 posters

What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? Empty What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?

Post by Chris Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:04 am

What's the most outlandish excuse you've given for why you weren't coming into work that day?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? Empty Re: What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?

Post by Marc™ Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 am

I once called in and claimed that my car key broke off in the ignition as I was leaving to come in....and made a big production over the phone about how much of a hassle it was gonna be to get the situation rectified, and how my day was ruined.

Heh.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school? Empty Re: What has been your most creative excuse for 'calling in sick' to work/school?

Post by 2xy Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:18 pm

I don't call in sick unless I'm sick. If I don't work, I don't get paid. Waitstaff don't get sick leave. I'm fortunate to work for a huge corporation with 70+ other servers; someone else will take your shift if you're sick. In smaller restaurants, they aren't so understanding. The attitude is "Don't call me to tell me you're sick; call me to tell me who's working for you." When I worked at Applebee's (years ago), we were responsible for finding our own coverage if we were sick.

When I was in the military, calling in sick wasn't an option, even if you were sick. You got up, put on your uniform, and went to "sick call" where they would tell you if you were sick enough to go home. And if you were given SIQ (sick in quarters) for 24 hours, you had to return to work the next day, or return to sick call if you were still too sick to work.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I overslept the day after St. Patty's Day one time years ago. I called in saying I had a stomach virus (kinda true!) and I realized that seemed suspicious the day after Patty's Day, so I called in again the day after that claiming to still be sick.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Never made up one. If I'm sick or I just can't come in, then I can't fucking come in. It's none of your business why. I tell you I'm sick, that's all I'm telling you and then I hang up the phone.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Nothing fancy. If I want to take one of my sick days and goof off, I just say having stomach problems.

If they question me I will describe liquid, spraying diarrhea and vomiting green slimy stuff or whatever I think will make them sick.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:44 pm

I can't recall ever having to say anything other then, "I'm sick." Never needed a doctor's note as in the doctor's note thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:21 pm