CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
CeCe
Tony Marino
Verve
Supernova
femme fatale
9 posters

Sperm Donations-Agree or Disagree?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Sperm Donations-Agree or Disagree? Empty Sperm Donations-Agree or Disagree?

Post by femme fatale Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:41 am

I just want to know you all's opinion on this. Do you think it's good for women looking to have babies to receive sperm from an anonymous man (even though their stats and medical profile are on record) or not? Do you think it'll have positive or negative affects on the child?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Sperm Donations-Agree or Disagree? Empty Re: Sperm Donations-Agree or Disagree?

Post by Supernova Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:00 pm

I think negative, not just on the child but in general...what about that one guy they found out his sperm went to help conceive what about 700 kids? That's ruining the gene pool, what if two of these kids grow up and hook up with each other? Then they're committing incest and don't even know it and if they inbreed that's going to be even worse on their kid.
    Verve
    Verve
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by Verve Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:01 pm

I see nothing wrong with a woman who desires to have a child being inseminated by a donor. It's not much different than receiving blood or organ donation.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Nothing wrong with it at all as long as the medical facts are there.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:18 pm

I think if a woman wants to raise the child on her own without input it's not a bad idea. At the same time having the child with a man she knows is good too. I think it just depends on what she wants. As far as the effect, it's natural for a child to want to know but not entirely necessary. (Thinking "The Kids are All Right" here-which would have been better off just left alone) He may be a great guy or someone the child shouldn't have in their life. I do think the donors should always provide some medical history.

The main thing in all of it is that the child is wanted & loved. I don't think there's a right or wrong with the anonymous donor option. It's certainly not a decision that should be taken lightly.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:16 pm

I am behind it. I think though, that a mom who uses that method should always be honest about it and not risk the child getting to know a sibling romantically. I think too, that records should be kept to keep one donor from having several children out there in the world. And they probably do something like that already. I can't see them letting a guy donate and end up having 30 biological children...
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Basically what Verve and Tony wrote
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:23 am

Supernova wrote:I think negative, not just on the child but in general...what about that one guy they found out his sperm went to help conceive what about 700 kids? That's ruining the gene pool, what if two of these kids grow up and hook up with each other? Then they're committing incest and don't even know it and if they inbreed that's going to be even worse on their kid.

If they're getting it from a bank, they're not going to give his sperm out to 700 different women.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:24 am

If that's what they want to do. Personally, I need to see who's going to be my baby's daddy.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:55 am

Nystyle709 wrote:If that's what they want to do. Personally, I need to see who's going to be my baby's daddy.

So...missionary? big grin
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:43 am

alan smithee wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:If that's what they want to do. Personally, I need to see who's going to be my baby's daddy.

ROFLMAO!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:59 pm

alan smithee wrote:

Okay, let me rephrase that. I need to see beforehand who's going to be my baby's daddy. big grin
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:00 pm

^^^ ROFLMAO!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:17 pm