CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
captainbryce
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
DanaShelbyChancey
Marc™
Supernova
Chris
12 posters

Male sex offenders vs. Female sex offenders.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Male sex offenders vs. Female sex offenders. Empty Male sex offenders vs. Female sex offenders.

Post by Chris Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:47 am

Do you think that female sex offenders are equally as threatening to society as male sex offenders are?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Male sex offenders vs. Female sex offenders. Empty Re: Male sex offenders vs. Female sex offenders.

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 am

I would not say quite as much because I have never heard of a woman killing her victims and then burying them somewhere so she won't be found out...of course that doesn't say it doesn't happen, maybe they're just too smart to get caught in that regard as well; but the fact remains you never hear about a woman doing that and we do have quite a few male sex offenders who have filled that position. I think it was last year, on the news there was story after story after story about men who were arrested for raping and killing several women and then burying their bodies under the house or somewhere nearby.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Male sex offenders vs. Female sex offenders. Empty Re: Male sex offenders vs. Female sex offenders.

Post by Marc™ Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:44 am

No.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:14 am

Female sex offenders are rare, that when we hear about them, it is more astonishing and more disturbing. There was Myra Hindley in the UK many years ago, but even then, she did those crimes at the behest of the man she was obsessed with.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:48 pm

I think between the two genders it's the males who pose the bigger threat. Women "sex offenders" tend to be adult women having sex with willing under age males (I know - not all the time) while male offenders can often be violent.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:50 pm

You mean like Margaret and Todd??
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Chris wrote:Do you think that female sex offenders are equally as threatening to society as male sex offenders are?

Nah.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Tony Marino wrote:You mean like Margaret and Todd??

Tony, I'm guessing that's a soap op...sorry, daytime drama reference?
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 pm

I think the term "sex offender" is a very broad term that encompasses a great deal of different types of crimes. For example, an 18 year old college student who while at a drunken frat party decides to have sexual relationtions with his 16 year old girlfriend (who is also drunk, but "consented"), would be labelled a "sex offender" the next morning when her father finds out and the police press charges. That 18 year old is now a RAPIST and sex offender for life and on equal grounds with a 60 year old pedophile who spent 30 years in prison for actually raping a 9 year old girl! Are these two people "morally" equal? One is a sick pervert who raped a kid and the other is a kid who made a mistake in his youth and suffered the consequences from it. People don't consider these things when they see the term "sex offender". The common thinking is that if you've seen one sex offender, you've seen them all.

EXCEPT when it comes to females. Going back to the frat party incident, if boyfriend and girlfriend are both drunk and have sex, the male is always guilty of rape but the female (for some reason isn't). After all, the male was drunk so technically he couldn't "consent" either right? So why is it that HE raped HER and not the other way around? Aren't they guilty of the same crime? The fact is, society doesn't take women seriously as sex offenders (and we don't even label them sex offenders unless it's to set a PC example). If a female school teacher has consentual sexual relations with her underage (yet physically mature) student, then they later get married, have two kids and live happily ever after, society still labels her a sex offender because she committed a crime and they need to set the PC example that women can be sex offenders too. Otherwise you run the risk of having a hypocracy that would crucify a male teacher that did the same thing with a female student.

"Sick" as people want to label the female teacher, the fact is that she will never been seen as "dangerous" for the simple fact that she is a woman! People don't expect a female to sexually molest or assault anyone else. People DO expect males to potentially sexually molest or assault anyone they come in contact with.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Supernova wrote:I would not say quite as much because I have never heard of a woman killing her victims and then burying them somewhere so she won't be found out...of course that doesn't say it doesn't happen, maybe they're just too smart to get caught in that regard as well; but the fact remains you never hear about a woman doing that and we do have quite a few male sex offenders who have filled that position. I think it was last year, on the news there was story after story after story about men who were arrested for raping and killing several women and then burying their bodies under the house or somewhere nearby.

ITA with this. Also, there seem to be far fewer female sex offenders than male ones.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:40 pm

"Male sex offenders vs. female sex offenders"

Sounds like a sure fire hit reality show coming this fall on FOX.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:36 pm

alan smithee wrote:"Male sex offenders vs. female sex offenders"

Sounds like a sure fire hit reality show coming this fall on FOX.

ROFLMAO!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:49 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:You mean like Margaret and Todd??

Tony, I'm guessing that's a soap op...sorry, daytime drama reference?

I thought he meant that boyfriend/girlfriend team that drugged the woman's little sister and raped her and she died and then the woman baited other young girls for the man to rape and kill because 'she wanted him happy'. Or maybe that's not their names, I don't remember.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:57 pm

As a whole, with population is more dangerous? Male offenders. There seem to be more of them out there.

But I would say that one-to-one, a female offender causes just as much damage as one who is male.

But when we think about it, if a man is tied down against his will and a woman has sex with him, it's not rape unless he is penetrated. Double standard, what?
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Not for the most part but I don't like the double standard of females breaking sex laws and not being taken as seriously as men who do it. If it's ok for a 14 y/o boy to have willing sex with 27 y/o woman then it should be ok for the reversal (14 y/o girl to consent to sex with a grown man).

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:55 am