CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
Shale
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Kral
Cheaps
Chris
12 posters

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? Empty Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals?

Post by Chris Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:51 pm

I think, so as they're white and ankle-length, socks with sandals work. What do you think?

This, IMO, looks tacky:
    Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? SS2

But this, IMO, is fine:
    Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? Socks
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? Empty Re: Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals?

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:05 pm

to me chris, both no sorry sweetie
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? Empty Re: Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals?

Post by Kral Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:32 pm

It depends on the sandals and socks in question. I think white ankle socks look fine with basic single strapped sandals

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? NikeBenassiSwooshSandals

But look hideous with multi-strap sandals like this

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? Nikeacg-312839-042-zoom
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:42 pm

cheaps wrote:to me chris, both no sorry sweetie

co-signs
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:50 pm

I've already told my wife that if she loves me, she'll shot me in the head if I ever start to do either. Sorry big guy.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:15 pm

CeCe wrote:
    cheaps wrote:to me chris, both no sorry sweetie

co-signs
    Same here.

I just saw that at a Greyhound station on my recent trip (and no one cares about their appearance travelling Greyhound - and it still looked bad)

I wear flip flops year round here and a lot of guys wear that or sandals. NO ONE who lives here would put on socks with sandals - just the Northerners. If you gotta wear socks hide your feet in shoes.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:34 pm

Kral wrote:It depends on the sandals and socks in question. I think white ankle socks look fine with basic single strapped sandals

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? NikeBenassiSwooshSandals

But look hideous with multi-strap sandals like this

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? Nikeacg-312839-042-zoom

I used to think so too. Those Nike sandals in the first pic were really popular back in the day and that's how people would wear them and I thought it was fine. But ONLY the Nike sandals. No other sandal would do. But now.....nah. Defeats the purpose of sandals. Just go get a pedicure and call it a day. Yes, men can get them too!
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Sometimes when I'm around the house I might still stick my feet in my sandals w/o taking off my sox (like if I need to go outside for a minute or something) but if I decide to wear my sandals that day then I ain't wearing sox with them.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:51 am

IMO, all sandals are tacky....so socks don't make it much worse from my point of view.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:57 am

^^^^^Really? Sandals are great in the summer. I would not wear socks with sandals. As someone pointed out. It defeats (no pun intended) the purpose.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? Images_82ead1eef16bd9d4393b3ef7a429820f

Okay, so I see I'm in a party of one on this. laughing
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Chris wrote:I think, so as they're white and ankle-length, socks with sandals work. What do you think?

This, IMO, looks tacky:

But this, IMO, is fine:

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Chris wrote:I think, so as they're white and ankle-length, socks with sandals work. What do you think?

This, IMO, looks tacky:

But this, IMO, is fine:

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931 Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 390931

No socks for you either, huh? lol
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Nope no socks, I think it looks pretty odd.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:51 pm

I know I'm losing the argument, but I still have to insist that this doesn't look that bad to me.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind socks with sandals? 4223566181_e0819b49c0

I don't always (or even usually) wear socks with sandals, but on the occasion I do, it never feels wrong.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Chris wrote:I know I'm losing the argument, but I still have to insist that this doesn't look that bad to me.

I don't always (or even usually) wear socks with sandals, but on the occasion I do, it never feels wrong.

Its not wrong, you do as your feel my friend.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:08 pm

It might be a cultural thing. Younger black men (30 and under) seem more likely to wear socks with their sandals than their white, and other non-black, age counterparts.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Chris wrote:I know I'm losing the argument, but I still have to insist that this doesn't look that bad to me.

That looks like Ocean Drive on SoBe and those guys deff look like tourists. We luv 'em (as long as they're spending money)but they are not in style here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:42 am