CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

College grads....what did you get from your parents when you graduated?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

College grads....what did you get from your parents when you graduated? Empty College grads....what did you get from your parents when you graduated?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:07 am

I am so in need of advice right now...

My step daughter is about to graduate and I am flying solo on this gift endeavor...So, what I really am seeking knowing, is what do parents usually spend for college grad gifts?

If she were my natural child, perhaps this answer would come to me more "naturally", but she is not...

And the kicker is that her dad has not really put much at all toward her college....(long boring tale about that)....but I have put a lot of money toward her schooling, buying her text books all four years...and also buying food and supplies that a young woman needs.

So, on the couple forums I frequent, I hope to get some good advice. I don't want to look like I am being cheap, but I really don't want to spend in the hundreds. But if it is customary that parents do spend in the hundreds or (gasp) thousands, I want to be in the know about that.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

College grads....what did you get from your parents when you graduated? Empty Re: College grads....what did you get from your parents when you graduated?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:25 am

LOL Red, I never gave the subject much thought until now. My parents were divorced long before I graduated from college in 1978. They were both at the ceremony and my mother probablty took us all out to dinner. I know my dad had my diploma mounted on a wooden plaque that still hangs on one of my walls. Can't recall anything from H.S. graduation either. Even though I lived on campus I was technically still living under my mother's roof through college but I paid for 100% of my education. From what you've told us, it sounds like you've already done your "duty" so I'd suggest having her diploma mounted. I know you can get it done for under $100.

http://www.diplomaplaquelaminators.com/

BTW, did your significant other have his NASCAR experience yet? Sorry, but I can't remember when that was supposed to be or how you sprang the news on him.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

College grads....what did you get from your parents when you graduated? Empty Re: College grads....what did you get from your parents when you graduated?

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Alan, thanks for the link. I will check it out...I am still at a loss of what to do.

The Nascar thing is for the 21st of this month....and I am really hoping it happens because we are to go to see family on the 22nd in the area. Things are not a bed of roses here right now...he is out of town until next week, and so I hope he still plans to make the trip! It is non-refundable, so I REALLY hope he plans to make the trip! Oh, well. If it all goes to shit, at least I have my week+ of him working out of town...I am loving it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 03, 2011 9:57 pm

There's a chance he might not go?! Fuck it - you take the ride!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 03, 2011 10:45 pm

I won't drive that far! So I do hope he goes. I always fly or take the train to Ill. I hope like heck he goes, as I managed to get my schedule clear for the Friday before.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue May 03, 2011 11:11 pm

My parents bought me a car.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:02 am