CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Chris
Impact
Supernova
Marc™
Nystyle709
CeCe
RedBedroom
11 posters

Anybody else not enjoy Mothers' Day/Fathers' Day?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Anybody else not enjoy Mothers' Day/Fathers' Day? Empty Anybody else not enjoy Mothers' Day/Fathers' Day?

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 05, 2011 10:55 pm

I really, really don't like Mother's Day. In fact, it is basically not celebrated here. Warm weather is here, so my son is usually practicing that day so I don't even get to see him and since I lost Mom six years ago, I actually dread it for the most part because it makes me miss her so much, more than Christmas, her birthday, or the anniversary of her death.

I am so hopeful that this year's will be better because my son's dad should still be out of town, so hopefully it will be just us and this year will be better.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Anybody else not enjoy Mothers' Day/Fathers' Day? Empty Re: Anybody else not enjoy Mothers' Day/Fathers' Day?

Post by CeCe Thu May 05, 2011 10:57 pm

I don't really care one way or the other. For me it's pretty much a day we eat out so that's the benefit I guess.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Anybody else not enjoy Mothers' Day/Fathers' Day? Empty Re: Anybody else not enjoy Mothers' Day/Fathers' Day?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu May 05, 2011 11:28 pm

Well, I can't take going to restaurants on Mother's/Father's Day. But I do appreciate why they're celebrated. I never did anything out of the ordinary for those days anyway. Tell my folks "Happy Mother's/Father's Day", give them a present and that's pretty much it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri May 06, 2011 12:27 am

Everyday is Mother's Day when you have a son as wonderful as me, so my mother don't need much more on the second Sunday in May.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri May 06, 2011 12:29 am

Mother's Day and my mom's birthday are about a month apart, and for both things I like to try and go all out for her because she's never been spoiled in her life and if I don't, nobody will, Father's Day....it's good for the steaks but otherwise it's just another Sunday where I'm concerned.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 12:33 am

Supernova wrote:Mother's Day and my mom's birthday are about a month apart, and for both things I like to try and go all out for her because she's never been spoiled in her life and if I don't, nobody will, Father's Day....it's good for the steaks but otherwise it's just another Sunday where I'm concerned.

I used to spoil Mom on Mother's day also! She wasn't spoiled by anyone but me so I loved doing that kind of thing on Mother's Day and her birthday.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri May 06, 2011 2:35 am

It's always been an awkward day for me because I'm not particularly close to my mom. It's not like I'll be taking her to Applebees for lunch or anything. So I go buy some cheesy little card and flower display, swing by and give it to her. Then have an awkward conversation with her for about 15 minutes before finally leaving.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri May 06, 2011 8:11 am

I get so I don't like dedication days: valentines day, sweetest day, mothers/fathers day. Seems very heavy handed. We tend to keep it understated. Just call and say hello, no need for Christmas presents.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 06, 2011 9:01 am

RedBedroom wrote:I really, really don't like Mother's Day. In fact, it is basically not celebrated here. Warm weather is here, so my son is usually practicing that day so I don't even get to see him and since I lost Mom six years ago, I actually dread it for the most part because it makes me miss her so much, more than Christmas, her birthday, or the anniversary of her death.

I am so hopeful that this year's will be better because my son's dad should still be out of town, so hopefully it will be just us and this year will be better.

I know how you feel Red, I lost my Mama too and when mother's day comes around, I miss her like crazy. When she was alive Mother's day was like a national celebration in my family. I usually celebrate it now with my sisters since they are all mothers but our Mama never leaves our thoughts and our hearts.

Hope the day goes well for you Red.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 am

Chris wrote:I get so I don't like dedication days: valentines day, sweetest day, mothers/fathers day. Seems very heavy handed. We tend to keep it understated. Just call and say hello, no need for Christmas presents.
    co-signs

I actually think all these days are solely for the benefit of marketing/selling stuff. Xmas is tracked like stock on Wall St. to see how our economy is going to make out. All the rest are for commercial success as well.

In fact, I have made it a point to call my mom on Saturday before mother's day.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri May 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Marc™️ wrote:Everyday is Mother's Day when you have a son as wonderful as me, so my mother don't need much more on the second Sunday in May.

AWWW! Smile
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri May 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Impact wrote:It's always been an awkward day for me because I'm not particularly close to my mom. It's not like I'll be taking her to Applebees for lunch or anything. So I go buy some cheesy little card and flower display, swing by and give it to her. Then have an awkward conversation with her for about 15 minutes before finally leaving.

That's more than I can say. Mine never hesitated to tell me how much she wished I'd never been born & she went out of her way to make it abundantly clear my whole life. Sometimes I'm sorry the kids missed out on having a grandmother but not even once did I regret that she was never part of their lives.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 11:14 pm

CeCe wrote:
    Impact wrote:It's always been an awkward day for me because I'm not particularly close to my mom. It's not like I'll be taking her to Applebees for lunch or anything. So I go buy some cheesy little card and flower display, swing by and give it to her. Then have an awkward conversation with her for about 15 minutes before finally leaving.

That's more than I can say. Mine never hesitated to tell me how much she wished I'd never been born & she went out of her way to make it abundantly clear my whole life. Sometimes I'm sorry the kids missed out on having a grandmother but not even once did I regret that she was never part of their lives.

CeCe, I am so sorry to read that. Though it had to be the hardest thing, you are the best momma you can be to make sure you do it better.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 06, 2011 11:27 pm

Well, regardless of the commercialization of the day, in the spirit of Anna Marie Jarvis, I want to wish a very happy Mother's Day to all The Conversation Chamber mothers and mothers to be.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Oh, yes...a very special Happy Mothers' day to Cat!!!!

And of course to all the other mommas here!!!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat May 07, 2011 7:01 am

...and to all the muthas!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat May 07, 2011 9:37 am

CeCe wrote:

Sorry to hear that CeCe, I can't even imagine what that must feel like. My Mother was so loving that I can't imagine having one that didn't like her own child. Now my Dad on the other hand.........he never liked me and I never like him but My Mother's love compensated for that. If I had kids of my own I doubt very much I would want them to know their grandfather.

Anybody else not enjoy Mothers' Day/Fathers' Day? 672400 I think ur the best of the best Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:29 am