CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Double Indemnity

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Double Indemnity Empty Double Indemnity

Post by Supernova Fri May 06, 2011 2:00 am

Have we talked about this one already? Anyway, a movie I easily love, but I'd like to see the alternative ending if in fact it still exists...but what I find funny is I got this from the library, also The Postman Always Rings Twice, and before I even knew it I saw both storylines and thought that since they were so similar they had to be written by the same person, and then find out yes they were both written by Michael Cain, I find that funny.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Double Indemnity Empty Re: Double Indemnity

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Supernova wrote:Have we talked about this one already? Anyway, a movie I easily love, but I'd like to see the alternative ending if in fact it still exists...but what I find funny is I got this from the library, also The Postman Always Rings Twice, and before I even knew it I saw both storylines and thought that since they were so similar they had to be written by the same person, and then find out yes they were both written by Michael Cain, I find that funny.

Sorry, not trying to bust your chops, but I find the Michael Cain credit funny. The author is James M. Cain. The M stands for Mallahan.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri May 06, 2011 3:01 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    Supernova wrote:Have we talked about this one already? Anyway, a movie I easily love, but I'd like to see the alternative ending if in fact it still exists...but what I find funny is I got this from the library, also The Postman Always Rings Twice, and before I even knew it I saw both storylines and thought that since they were so similar they had to be written by the same person, and then find out yes they were both written by Michael Cain, I find that funny.

Sorry, not trying to bust your chops, but I find the Michael Cain credit funny. The author is James M. Cain. The M stands for Mallahan.

Whoops, my bad. Seems there're so many guys with that last name Cain that it's hard to keep track of them all.
    JWF
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by JWF Fri May 06, 2011 6:30 pm

I might add Mr Cain also wrote "Mildred Pierce", which wass recently recreated on HBO< with the always wondeful Kate Winslet

JAck
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Supernova wrote:
    alan smithee wrote:

Whoops, my bad. Seems there're so many guys with that last name Cain that it's hard to keep track of them all.

LOL, I know how it is when the mind goes on auto-pilot. Another master of the hard-boiled detective genre, Raymond Chandler (The Big Sleep, Farewell My Lovely) got screenwriting credit with Billy Wilder.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:46 am