CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
Jason B.
Supernova
8 posters

7 Things We Don't Really Need Anymore (or do we?)

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

7 Things We Don't Really Need Anymore (or do we?) Empty 7 Things We Don't Really Need Anymore (or do we?)

Post by Supernova Mon May 09, 2011 2:10 am

http://money.msn.com/saving-money/7-things-you-do-not-need-anymore-weston.aspx?GT1=33029

1. Television

Right away I call this one a major FAIL, we may be able to access a lot of TV shows on computers but how much time can you really spend sitting at the damn computer instead of the living room or in bed to watch it?

2. Telephone land line

BIG fail, especially for my family

3. DVD Player

Are they kidding?

4. Physical music collection and player...I really have to laugh at this one, I got an MP3 player for Christmas and my brother can put music off Youtube onto it, BUT the microphone broke, got a new microphone, it's even worse, so the player has seen no use but every day I use my portable CD player and shoe box tape recorder which may be on the way to oboslete but they still work.

5. Cable or satellite TV

6. Desktop computer

7. Email, once again, ARE they kidding? That's how we keep in contact with some of our best friends and closest relatives.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

7 Things We Don't Really Need Anymore (or do we?) Empty Re: 7 Things We Don't Really Need Anymore (or do we?)

Post by Jason B. Mon May 09, 2011 2:14 am

I need all 7 of those things.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

7 Things We Don't Really Need Anymore (or do we?) Empty Re: 7 Things We Don't Really Need Anymore (or do we?)

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 09, 2011 9:14 am

Well, I don't need the landline, the DVD, the physical music collection (though I still have it), the cable tv (though I still have it) or the desktop. So.....I guess they might be on to something.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon May 09, 2011 9:32 am

We never really NEEDED any of them. But if they're acting like those things aren't still firmly part of society, they're fooling themselves.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Mon May 09, 2011 10:27 am

1. Television - I never watch TV.

2. Telephone land line - My family got rid of it. Nobody ever called except telemarketers.

3. DVD Player - I own maybe 3 DVDs. But I still use my VCR.

4. Physical music collection and player - FAIL. PHYSICAL MUSIC IS THE WAY TO GO.

5. Cable or satellite TV - Definitely.

6. Desktop computer - Definitely. You can just hook up your laptop to a monitor. I do it all the time.

7. Email - I hate e-mail. It's becoming the telephone; that said, it's still a handy tool.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon May 09, 2011 10:49 am

I think we have a while to go before any of those are true. I no longer have a landline because it just wasn't used that often with cells in the house. So that was dropped only because it was an unnecessary expense.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Mon May 09, 2011 11:29 am

They're all a FAIL, IMO. Who makes up these dumb lists?

As far as land lines are concerned, I know a lot of people got rid of theirs, but as long as a land line is available, I will never get rid of mine. Case in point, I washed clothes one day and didn't realize my phone was in the pocket. The phone was ruined, but at least I still had my land line to call out or receive calls on until my new phone arrived.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon May 09, 2011 2:39 pm

tmontyb wrote:They're all a FAIL, IMO. Who makes up these dumb lists?

As far as land lines are concerned, I know a lot of people got rid of theirs, but as long as a land line is available, I will never get rid of mine. Case in point, I washed clothes one day and didn't realize my phone was in the pocket. The phone was ruined, but at least I still had my land line to call out or receive calls on until my new phone arrived.

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon May 09, 2011 6:22 pm

tmontyb wrote:They're all a FAIL, IMO. Who makes up these dumb lists?

Touché.

I'm steadily resisting allowing the internet to make these things passé. I need my landline and the idea of dumping my physical media (CDs/DVDs/players) for watching/listening to it online is outrageous. Not happening.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 am