CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Shale
Tony Marino
AtownPeep
RedBedroom
10 posters

Are you picky about the star rating for hotels you book online?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are you picky about the star rating for hotels you book online? Empty Are you picky about the star rating for hotels you book online?

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 10, 2011 12:52 am

I really am not. I read all reviews available, and go for it. When I travel, I go for what is described online as clean, and cheapest.

I really have to laugh right now because I booked a room for my guy this week in Milwaukee and he is thrilled with the room and thanked me left and right for finding that rate for him and the crew.

But, when I stayed there prior to flying out, the room, his room, #217 was one I heard a fetish mistress doing her "thing". And I recall the rm. # as it is a friend's racing number. So, I bit my lip when he said his room number. He is totally loving his freaky sex room right now!
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Are you picky about the star rating for hotels you book online? Empty Re: Are you picky about the star rating for hotels you book online?

Post by AtownPeep Tue May 10, 2011 9:52 am

Not really but I do read up on hotels before I book a room. Also I prefer chains to the locally run ones. Really when it comes down to it, I go by the names I know. I know Hilton, Ramada, Holiday Inn, Radison, Marriott. I tend to look for those brands.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Are you picky about the star rating for hotels you book online? Empty Re: Are you picky about the star rating for hotels you book online?

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 am

I usually read up on them before booking if the Star rating is under 3 then forget it. I usually try to stay at DoubleTree, Ramada, LaQuinta , Embassy Suites and the Hyatt.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 10, 2011 11:15 am

RedBedroom wrote:... But, when I stayed there prior to flying out, the room, his room, #217 was one I heard a fetish mistress doing her "thing". ...

AtownPeep wrote:.... Also I prefer chains ....

IDK, somehow I saw a theme in these back-to-back posts. Just how my mind works. big grin

For me, I usually try to find the cheapest place within walking distance of how I got to the city. Like downtown Washington or Chicago. I am a "backpack" traveler and pretty tolerant of 3rd world accommodations so I don't even look at the star rating.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 10, 2011 6:41 pm

AtownPeep wrote:Not really but I do read up on hotels before I book a room. Also I prefer chains to the locally run ones. Really when it comes down to it, I go by the names I know. I know Hilton, Ramada, Holiday Inn, Radison, Marriott. I tend to look for those brands.

co-signs
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed May 11, 2011 2:10 am

no one stays wit choice hotels? comfort inn, sleep inn, quality, clarion? sad
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed May 11, 2011 2:20 am

What hotels? pissed I never go anywhere, the only time I left this town was when I was born and my mother went to another hospital.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed May 11, 2011 8:17 am

.:TwI$Ted*EleGanCe:. wrote:no one stays wit choice hotels? comfort inn, sleep inn, quality, clarion? sad

Smile

There's a Quality Inn down the street from my house, but I never had the occasion to stay there.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu May 12, 2011 10:21 pm

.:TwI$Ted*EleGanCe:. wrote:no one stays wit choice hotels? comfort inn, sleep inn, quality, clarion? sad
    I like to stay here
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri May 13, 2011 2:00 am

I'm more picky about brand than ratings. I've had decent experiences at Mariott and Double Tree, so those two brands are the names I tend to look for when I travel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:08 pm