CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
tmontyb
AtownPeep
CeCe
Shale
femme fatale
9 posters

Chaz Bono on Oprah

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Chaz Bono on Oprah Empty Chaz Bono on Oprah

Post by femme fatale Tue May 10, 2011 8:34 am

Did anyone see Chastity (Chaz) Bono on Oprah yesterday? "He" talked about transitioning from female to male. How he always felt wrong inside his female body and feeling like a male, having testosterone shots that deepened his voice and made him more aggressive, having his breasts removed, etc. However he didn't do the bottom half, so "he" still has a vajayjay. What made it more weird to me is that he said he has no desire to have a penis. WTF???? Does anyone else not understand how this works? How can you go through the extreme of having your breasts removed and taking ongoing testosterone shots to look and sound like a man and call yourself one, but not have the DEFINING male organ installed? At the risk of sounding narrowminded, he's still basically a 'she,' who just wanted to look the part... not be it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Chaz Bono on Oprah Empty Re: Chaz Bono on Oprah

Post by Shale Tue May 10, 2011 9:16 am

He is now in effect male by outward appearance above the waist. Consider that he has always felt male, so now his external image is in line with his personality.

As for the plumbing, maybe he considers function more important than appearance. (his clit may be almost penis size with the testosterone). But to do the appearance surgery most likely will cause nerve damage, taking the physical sexual pleasure away.

I have met male to female tranny's who kept their cock for that reason. You can make a plastic vagina, but the nerve damage can leave you with no physical pleasure.

So, Chaz may be electing to have a physically responsive sex organ rather than a non-functioning prosthetic penis.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue May 10, 2011 9:40 am

Shale wrote:He is now in effect male by outward appearance above the waist. Consider that he has always felt male, so now his external image is in line with his personality.

As for the plumbing, maybe he considers function more important than appearance. (his clit may be almost penis size with the testosterone). But to do the appearance surgery most likely will cause nerve damage, taking the physical sexual pleasure away.

I have met male to female tranny's who kept their cock for that reason. You can make a plastic vagina, but the nerve damage can leave you with no physical pleasure.

So, Chaz may be electing to have a physically responsive sex organ rather than a non-functioning prosthetic penis.

I was just looking this up because I was thinking there were some significant chances that there could be sexual issues. There are, so I don't blame Chaz a bit. A penis could be added, but if it's just..."there" without function that would be a deal breaker for me too. I can't even imagine spending the rest of your life without the ability to have an orgasm.

Anyway, here's what I came up with.
    The Sugery

MALE TO FEMALE

Changing the male to female anatomy requires removal of the penis and some reshaping of the genital tissue in order to make it appear more female and also the structuring of a vagina. A vagina can generally be successfully formed from with either a skin graft or an isolated loop of intestine.

Following the surgery, female hormones (estrogen) are given to reshape the body's contours and to help grow satisfactory breasts.

FEMALE TO MALE

Due to the difficulty of building a functioning penis from the much smaller clitoral tissue available in the female genitals, female to male surgery has been far less successful and penis construction is not attempted until at least a year after the preliminary surgery to remove the female organs.

Studies suggest that around a third of patients would not undergo the surgery again even though they were all pleased with the change of sex. In addition to the genital organs the breasts also need to be surgically altered to give a more masculine appearance and this can be done quite successfully.

Orgasm?

An orgasm, or at least a reasonable degree of erogenous sensitivity can be experienced by most patients after the surgery.

http://www.hiltonheadmedctr.com/Articles/Sex-Change-Surgery.html

"a reasonable degree of erogenous sensitivity" is just not worth the risk to some people.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue May 10, 2011 10:01 am

I saw the show but my thought was that he probably didn't have the surgery completed because of his lesbian girlfriend. She talked about how the testosterone changed his energy level, made him more gruff and how she missed his feminine side. She half way sounded like she preferred him as a her but was trying to be "supportive". The male sex organ would probably be the deal breaker.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Tue May 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Shale wrote:He is now in effect male by outward appearance above the waist. Consider that he has always felt male, so now his external image is in line with his personality.

I agree! I have a friend who is male to female but still has his dick. Ironically, she is a complete TOP. At first, I thought it was strange, but now I get it. Live and let live.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 10, 2011 6:21 pm

She, he or whatever can try to do whatever she/he wants, but she/he will always and forever genetically be a female. So putting all this testosterone, all this unnecessary strain on your body because you think you're the opposite sex is ridiculous to me. And you're not even going to bother to get a dick? How do you know what feeling a male is like when you've never been a male? Granted, it's not for me to understand, but I think that if you're a gay man or woman, be a gay man or woman and be proud of it. You will never be able to change your biological DNA no matter how much elective surgery you go through so why risk your health? But oh well. Your life.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:She, he or whatever can try to do whatever she/he wants, but she/he will always and forever genetically be a female. So putting all this testosterone, all this unnecessary strain on your body because you think you're the opposite sex is ridiculous to me....

Ahh, good to know that we have a professional endocrinologist/geneticist on CC forums. RIGHT ON!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue May 10, 2011 8:35 pm

This is a really complicated subject. I don't think it even can make sense to someone who hasn't experienced it or witnessed it with someone else. If you can think of it like this, we're born in a body but our body doesn't define us. This is the kind of thing that someone very often knows at an early age. They just "know". Just as a someone may say this doesn't make sense because they were born male or female & that's what they are but that's because they identify with the body they have. But with some people it's the opposite. I don't remember the direct quote but Chaz make a comment that he believed his body had betrayed him.

If a female can think of herself as she is now, everything she likes, believes & identifies with but can now just imagine herself in a man's body, everything has turned upside down. She feels female, she knows she's female but she's trapped in a body where she knows she doesn't belong. And of course the reverse is true.

And as far as Chaz not having the genital surgery, I can't blame him. There are just no guarantees there yet unfortunately.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 10, 2011 8:51 pm

CeCe wrote:This is a really complicated subject. I don't think it even can make sense to someone who hasn't experienced it or witnessed it with someone else. If you can think of it like this, we're born in a body but our body doesn't define us. This is the kind of thing that someone very often knows at an early age. They just "know". Just as a someone may say this doesn't make sense because they were born male or female & that's what they are but that's because they identify with the body they have. But with some people it's the opposite. I don't remember the direct quote but Chaz make a comment that he believed his body had betrayed him.

If a female can think of herself as she is now, everything she likes, believes & identifies with but can now just imagine herself in a man's body, everything has turned upside down. She feels female, she knows she's female but she's trapped in a body where she knows she doesn't belong. And of course the reverse is true.

And as far as Chaz not having the genital surgery, I can't blame him. There are just no guarantees there yet unfortunately.

Good post. I agree. Nobody can no for sure unless it has happened to them. When I have thought about it in the past, I always thought that it must be similar to that feeling we all get from time to time when we feel anxious, restless and uncomfortable all at once. Only with someone who identifies with the gender opposite of their birth gender, they have that feeling to a degree all the time.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Shale wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:She, he or whatever can try to do whatever she/he wants, but she/he will always and forever genetically be a female. So putting all this testosterone, all this unnecessary strain on your body because you think you're the opposite sex is ridiculous to me....

Ahh, good to know that we have a professional endocrinologist/geneticist on CC forums. RIGHT ON!

I don't know if you're trying to be a smart ass or not so I'll refrain from my usual smart ass retort.....but you cannot genetically change who you are.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue May 10, 2011 11:13 pm

I really think that people who believe that they were born into the wrong gender and hate their natural genitalia suffer from mental illness. That's just not normal. If you're gay, then be gay. If you don't feel connected to what your gender is naturally inclined or expected to be, then no one is forcing you to fall in line with it. If Chaz didn't wanna have a baby, wear dresses or home make and instead preferred to play football and drink with the fratboys, so be it. But changing your gender to something else is beyond extreme IMHO.

I don't know the mechanics of sex change operations, the risks or why someone (she) wouldn't get the full package installed (her not getting a dick) but the penis is what makes a male a male. How are you changing your gender if you were born a gender and elect to keep your original genitals? Chaz is still a woman, on testosterone.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 am

I never bought that whole "feeling" like they were "born into the wrong gender". I think that's based totally on social conditioning. For whatever they just don't identify with what's socially connected to or expected of their gender, and instead prefer the social association of what the other one gets aligned with....and then it becomes "I always felt like a man/woman". Nah you just wanted to participate in what the other gender gets to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:37 am