CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Tony Marino
RobbieFTW
TSJFan4Ever
gingersnaps
Nhaiyel
CeCe
Nystyle709
femme fatale
12 posters

What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button Empty What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button

Post by femme fatale Tue May 17, 2011 8:19 pm

– Tue May 17, 1:24 pm ET

JERUSALEM (Reuters) – Inspired by Facebook, a couple in central Israel have named their baby daughter "Like."

"It's short and sweet," Vardit Adler, Like's mother, told Reuters on Tuesday. "It's very important to me and to my husband that the names we give our children are unique, creative and totally new," she said.

Six-day-old Like has two older sisters, 10-year-old Dvash, Hebrew for honey, and five-year-old Pie, "as in apple pie," Adler said.

"I'm not worried about other children teasing Like. Dvash and Pie don't seem to mind their special names and nobody teases them," Adler said.

Surprised by media attention her newborn daughter was getting in Israel, Adler noted that Like has already received hundreds of comments on her own Facebook page

(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Like-Adler/216472665038143).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110517/wr_nm/us_israel_facebook_1
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button Empty Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Oh dear.........
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button Empty Re: What's not to "Like"? Baby named after Facebook button

Post by CeCe Tue May 17, 2011 9:05 pm

For goodness sake... eye roll
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 pm

The hilarious part in all this are the parents thinking that naming their child after a common widget Facebook is unique, as opposed to uncreative, uninspired and flaky.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue May 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:The hilarious part in all this are the parents thinking that naming their child after a common widget Facebook is unique, as opposed to uncreative, uninspired and flaky.

I had mine way too soon. I could have named them "Quote" "Edit" or "Profile". Too bad they missed out on that cutting edge stuff.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue May 17, 2011 9:42 pm

CeCe wrote:
    Nhaiyel wrote:The hilarious part in all this are the parents thinking that naming their child after a common widget Facebook is unique, as opposed to uncreative, uninspired and flaky.

I had mine way too soon. I could have named them "Quote" "Edit" or "Profile". Too bad they missed out on that cutting edge stuff.

Oh, for sure.
    If I ever deliver a baby boy, I will be naming him 'Profile.' His middle name can be 'Font.'
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Tue May 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:
    CeCe wrote:

Oh, for sure.
    If I ever deliver a baby boy, I will be naming him 'Profile.' His middle name can be 'Font.'

good one

much better than "like"
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed May 18, 2011 4:47 am

But what about naming the baby in honour of facebook itself? Face has a nice ring to it, followed by Face's sibling, Book. You could introduce your kids by saying here's Face Book and then we can't forget baby #3 - Twitter.

And they say evolution is continued improvement? Seems like we're getting more and more stupid.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed May 18, 2011 9:20 am

If they really wanted to pay homage to FB, they should have named him "Friend Request".
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed May 18, 2011 10:48 am

Nice. That is just as bad as Gwyneth Paltrow naming her daughter Apple.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed May 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Naming a baby "Like"? That's just too bizarre - even for me!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed May 18, 2011 5:53 pm

The parents sound like fruitcakes to me. When people try and get "creative" with naming their kids, it tends to end in disaster....like this.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed May 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Are you reading all this, Cat and Chris? Think about 'Profile Page' for you little ones!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu May 19, 2011 8:41 am

RedBedroom wrote:Are you reading all this, Cat and Chris? Think about 'Profile Page' for you little ones!

laughing

Never.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:31 am