CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
MandyPerfumeGirl
captainbryce
RedBedroom
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
Supernova
Shale
CeCe
Cheaps
Chris
14 posters

Should teachers have to allow kids to use the bathroom?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should teachers have to allow kids to use the bathroom? Empty Should teachers have to allow kids to use the bathroom?

Post by Chris Tue May 24, 2011 7:16 am

I'm sure we all remember being in school and having teachers who did not allow their students restroom privileges. What's your opinion of this; should teachers be allowed to refuse their students requests to use the bathroom?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Should teachers have to allow kids to use the bathroom? Empty Re: Should teachers have to allow kids to use the bathroom?

Post by Cheaps Tue May 24, 2011 7:38 am

i dont think i was ever denied when i asked to use the bathroom. unless teachers wanna clean up the mess, when i child wets themselves, i think children should always be allowed to go to the bathroom when the ask.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Should teachers have to allow kids to use the bathroom? Empty Re: Should teachers have to allow kids to use the bathroom?

Post by CeCe Tue May 24, 2011 8:34 am

cheaps wrote:i dont think i was ever denied when i asked to use the bathroom. unless teachers wanna clean up the mess, when i child wets themselves, i think children should always be allowed to go to the bathroom when the ask.

co-signs
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 24, 2011 8:37 am

CeCe wrote:
    cheaps wrote:i dont think i was ever denied when i asked to use the bathroom. unless teachers wanna clean up the mess, when i child wets themselves, i think children should always be allowed to go to the bathroom when the ask.

co-signs
    Double co-signs

To deny bathroom use should be considered child abuse. I think it is considered torture under the Geneva Conventions.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue May 24, 2011 10:29 am

Oh man, my mother has a friend whose daughter had to go to the hospital for kidney stones, and it turned out she got them because the teachers at the school would not allow her to use the bathrooms all day. There's something about the modern teaching profession that strikes me as screaming 'Nazi'.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue May 24, 2011 10:30 am

Supernova wrote:Oh man, my mother has a friend whose daughter had to go to the hospital for kidney stones, and it turned out she got them because the teachers at the school would not allow her to use the bathroom all day and that went on EVERY single school day. There's something about the modern teaching profession that strikes me as screaming 'Nazi'.

Whoops, I thought I'd edited my original post, instead I seem to have duplicated it. laughing My bad. my badd

Last edited by Supernova on Tue May 24, 2011 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue May 24, 2011 10:37 am

I had a teacher like that in middle school. She refused bathroom breaks....her attitude was go "before/after class." Once I asked to use the restroom, she said no, and I went anyway. I got wrote up for it, but my parents didn't care when I told them about it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 10:40 am

Teachers who don't allow kids to use the bathroom need to be fired. It's one thing if you have reason to suspect that the kid is goofing off but kids need to go. They won't learn as much if they're distracted. Teachers who say "No" should be denied the privilege themselves.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 24, 2011 10:45 am

Yeah, teachers need to let them go but then talk to parents when it becomes obvious that the kid is abusing the right. Because we all know that happens.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue May 24, 2011 10:56 am

Chris wrote:What's your opinion of this; should teachers be allowed to refuse their students requests to use the bathroom?
    no
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue May 24, 2011 11:37 am

No. No teacher should be able to refuse when a child asks to go to the bathroom. It's just meanness on the teacher's part. How would they like it if someone said to them at work "No, you can't use the bathroom." Ridiculous. Just because children are little munchkins doesn't mean they don't have rights.

When my Mom was in second grade her teacher refused to let her go to bathroom. She held it as long as she could, but she went in her pants. My Grandpa was furious with the teacher and raised hell with the teacher. Go Gramps!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 24, 2011 11:48 am

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:... My Grandpa was furious with the teacher and raised hell with the teacher. Go Gramps!

Yeah, I woulda been in that teacher's face - and the principal.

That's why my wife had to deal with a grade-school principal when our nephew was living with us. I talked to the guy first but he was so intractable that I was about to go over his big desk and grab him by the collar (I am a temperate guy - but sometimes the cojones kick in.) My wife was more diplomatic.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 24, 2011 11:53 am

Chris wrote:I'm sure we all remember being in school and having teachers who did not allow their students restroom privileges. What's your opinion of this; should teachers be allowed to refuse their students requests to use the bathroom?

Children should be allowed to use the bathroom whenever they need to. If the request is denied, the teacher in question should be disciplined.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Shale wrote:
    CeCe wrote:

co-signs
    Double co-signs

To deny bathroom use should be considered child abuse. I think it is considered torture under the Geneva Conventions.

Triple co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Marc™ wrote:I had a teacher like that in middle school. She refused bathroom breaks....her attitude was go "before/after class." Once I asked to use the restroom, she said no, and I went anyway. I got wrote up for it, but my parents didn't care when I told them about it.

Exact same thing happened to me. I rolled my eyes at that chick when I walked out the door.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue May 24, 2011 11:34 pm

If it's a legitimate need, I have no problem with it. Kids should be allowed to go whenever they need. Where the problem arises is form those who abuse it. Some kids use the bathroom as an excuse to get out of class. They ask to go and then you find them chatting with a friend from a different class and neither have gone anywhere near a bathroom. One of the kids I work with uses the bathroom as an excuse to get out of work. He'll go several times a period if he's allowed, just so he can avoid work. The teacher had to crack down on it, because she'd find him wandering the halls without having gone. If a child truly has to use the bathroom, they should by all means be allowed to go, but unfortunately there are some who will abuse it and use the bathroom excuse as an excuse to get out of class.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:54 am