CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
FightSleep
Friendly Veteran
DanaShelbyChancey
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Hyacinth Girl
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Alan Smithee
Chris
13 posters

Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'? Empty Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'?

Post by Chris Tue May 31, 2011 7:07 am

Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'? Jesus-christ-head

Do you believe in the divinity of Christ, or do you imagine that he was flawed like other mortal men?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'? Empty Re: Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 31, 2011 7:57 am

Feet of clay.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'? Empty Re: Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 am

Well, that picture is terribly inaccurate, since he was from the Middle East, firstly.

Secondly, he was probably just some random dude who looked like everybody else.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 am

I believe in the divinity of Jesus, but also not necessarily that He was "flawed", but more subject to humanness as far as feelings, emotions, actions, etc., when He was in bodily form. I think that dictated how He reacted to everything in life.

For example, when Jesus drove the moneychangers out of the temple, He basically got pissed and used a whip to do it. From a human standpoint, it probably looked like a major nutty fit, but from God's standpoint, it was entirely necessary and justified. So again, I don't think that Jesus was flawed so much as having to live life as "God" within the confines of a human body.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 31, 2011 9:45 am

Jesus didn't have flaws. People today can't accept that and are jealous. Razz
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 am

Yes, I have insecurities because you think that a person who lived very, very long ago was a perfect human being.

Just saved me a ton on therapy. boring
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 31, 2011 10:09 am

Rockbird wrote:Yes, I have insecurities because you think that a person who lived very, very long ago was a perfect human being.

I never said it was rational. Razz

Whoever voted me down for that post ironically proved the point. lol Razz (If it wasn't true, no need to be offended enough to vote it down. Wink )

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Tue May 31, 2011 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue May 31, 2011 10:12 am

If anybody in this world WOULD be perfect or could be, it wouldn't be any of us, but for the son of God to be, that one makes sense, and yes I do believe that He was because Jesus is God and only God can be flawless.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Tue May 31, 2011 10:26 am

I don't recall ever being taught that Jesus was perfect. He was a man, the son of God, and as a man, is not perfect, as no man is.

We can relate to him, for that reason.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue May 31, 2011 10:58 am

Rockbird wrote:Well, that picture is terribly inaccurate, since he was from the Middle East, firstly.

Secondly, he was probably just some random dude who looked like everybody else.

I've always liked the "Buddy Jesus" version. big grin

Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'? BuddyJesus3
    Friendly Veteran
    Friendly Veteran
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 10

Post by Friendly Veteran Tue May 31, 2011 11:56 am

I do not believe he was perfect or was the Son of God. He had his flaws but the Bible writers in my opinion has such high regard of him and believe him to be of divine nature they did not see a flaw in him.

You have a great day.
    Friendly Veteran
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by FightSleep Tue May 31, 2011 4:35 pm

I believe he had human flaws, but that his intentions and spirit were 100% pure or perfection. Maybe not perfect but he was as close to it as any living human could ever be.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:I believe in the divinity of Jesus, but also not necessarily that He was "flawed", but more subject to humanness as far as feelings, emotions, actions, etc., when He was in bodily form. I think that dictated how He reacted to everything in life.

For example, when Jesus drove the moneychangers out of the temple, He basically got pissed and used a whip to do it. From a human standpoint, it probably looked like a major nutty fit, but from God's standpoint, it was entirely necessary and justified. So again, I don't think that Jesus was flawed so much as having to live life as "God" within the confines of a human body.

ITA with this, Hyacinth Girl! This is how I see Him, too! He was fully human but he was also God.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 31, 2011 7:16 pm

FightSleep wrote:I believe he had human flaws, but that his intentions and spirit were 100% pure or perfection. Maybe not perfect but he was as close to it as any living human could ever be.

This. A lot of people like to attack Christianity but seriously.....there is nothing wrong with being a Christian. Christ preached peace. You can't hate on that. However, I don't know where or how the message got dislodge and twisted by his followers. Too many of them don't know how to have a balance and thus in turn give Christianity a bad name.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 31, 2011 8:02 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
    Hyacinth Girl wrote:I believe in the divinity of Jesus, but also not necessarily that He was "flawed", but more subject to humanness as far as feelings, emotions, actions, etc., when He was in bodily form. I think that dictated how He reacted to everything in life.

ITA with this, Hyacinth Girl! This is how I see Him, too! He was fully human but he was also God.

Sorta like Perseus, son of Zeus. A demigod.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 31, 2011 8:07 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

I've always liked the "Buddy Jesus" version. big grin

Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'? BuddyJesus3

I think from what I've read of the guy, you would see him like this more than the usual representations.

Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'? Jesus_laughing21
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue May 31, 2011 10:19 pm

Chris wrote:Do you believe Jesus was 'perfect'? Jesus-christ-head

Do you believe in the divinity of Christ, or do you imagine that he was flawed like other mortal men?
    The "divinity" of Christ is a very open, vague and subjective term, so it really depends on what you mean by that which will determine my answer. But I will say right off the bat that I don't think he was a white man with blonde hair. big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:21 am