CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Forgiveness Man
Chris
Shale
Tony Marino
CeCe
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
10 posters

I just got banned from the Duran Duran Forum

(Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

I just got banned from the Duran Duran Forum Empty I just got banned from the Duran Duran Forum

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:13 am

And as this just happened, I would like to give a big bear hug to everybody here for being rad and not being dipshits.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

I just got banned from the Duran Duran Forum Empty Re: I just got banned from the Duran Duran Forum

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:16 am

Oooh I'm sorry. big hugz I once got banned from a forum for no reason too but she was an anal retentive prudish old hag.

I love it here too! The people are great. Seriously.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

I just got banned from the Duran Duran Forum Empty Re: I just got banned from the Duran Duran Forum

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:16 am

Are you sure you weren't being a bad boy??? Seriously go over and write that mod and tell him that the members of the CC are coming over to spam the board unless he reinstates you.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:19 am

I can't even message the mods! There's no contact info. My friend made me another account at work so I can still lurk and get the latest Duran news. But it bugs me that they deleted my account without real cause or explanation.

There was a troll, BiteNote, who only showed up to insult certain members. And I posted that he was obviously a pseudonym for one of the moderators. The reason I said that was strictly because his posts are never removed if they are reported-- despite the fact that they break the rules. I think my banning just proves me right, if anything.

sad
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 am

Sounds like you hit it on the money I know some moderators and Admins can be real jerks when it comes to deleting posts and banning people. Lucky us we have the best Admin in forumland.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:22 am

I will also say that the people here don't act like overgrown teenagers. There's lots of drama in Duranland.

Durama Durama.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 am

Tony Marino wrote:Sounds like you hit it on the money I know some moderators and Admins can be real jerks when it comes to deleting posts and banning people. Lucky us we have the best Admin in forumland.

I think so too. It's what happened to me. Self righteous frigid dried up old bitch.

Our admin is one of the best!
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 am

HaHa. CeCe, what happened on that forum?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:29 am

Some people are not happy unless they are starting some kind of trouble. The last board I was on, I was a moderator and the Admin was a real jerk. He used to chime in on posts that had nothing to do with him. His girlfriend was on the board and they used to have fights in the general forum for everyone to see. He also used to get really vicious with other posters and ban anyone that did not bow down to him. Needless to say I finally left the board and now its totally gone.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:31 am

Tony Marino wrote:Some people are not happy unless they are starting some kind of trouble. The last board I was on, I was a moderator and the Admin was a real jerk. He used to chime in on posts that had nothing to do with him. His girlfriend was on the board and they used to have fights in the general forum for everyone to see. He also used to get really vicious with other posters and ban anyone that did not bow down to him. Needless to say I finally left the board and now its totally gone.

Sounds like total trash. The admin at DDMB, MarkUK, tries to come off as somebody above it all. But then he plays behind-the-scenes games.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:34 am

Rockbird wrote:I will also say that the people here don't act like overgrown teenagers. There's lots of drama in Duranland.

Durama Durama.

Before Alan gets here, let me say:

"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."
    UNCLE AL!
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:42 am

And now I can't register at another forum. Something is not right here...

Edit: BiteNote did once say that I was "next," but didn't actually qualify that.

Last edited by Rockbird on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:42 am

Tony Marino wrote:...Needless to say I finally left the board and now its totally gone.
    I left a board because the Admin let one member be abusive to others. Another old hippie type left as well because the abusive member (eat shit and die was one of his posts to me) was some right-wing nut. And, I was an active member, almost 4K posts and was Mod of the movie section.

There were a couple of young energetic ppl on the board who fought the good fight against this guy, (I'm still friends with them on facebook) but the board is now gone.

Ppl want to discuss things, not be attacked for their position so I guess the boors finally got tired of themselves.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:44 am

Rockbird wrote:HaHa. CeCe, what happened on that forum?

She's one of those people who wants to mod at every board she's a member. Which means she wants to control everyone's actions. The gotta be "important" type. She didn't want anyone to say anything she considered "vulgar" which "damn he's hot" or "nice ass" was over the line to her. No swearing, no sexual content of any kind, no fun. If someone had put up the masturbation thread there would have been multiple bannings once she regained consciousness lol She wasn't even the admin just a mod who had the ability to ban. But she would pull this shit at other boards even when she wasn't a mod, calling on everyone all the time. It was actually no loss even though I did like a lot of the other members. But when someone constantly takes the fun out of being there, why bother? Bitch did me a favor. I got reinstated by the owner when she found out but I just don't go there anymore.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:53 am

I hear that. I always thought I'd get banned from JanetXone before DDMB. But I guess when you call people out for exactly what they are, you're suddenly the bad guy.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 am

Rockbird wrote:I hear that. I always thought I'd get banned from JanetXone before DDMB. But I guess when you call people out for exactly what they are, you're suddenly the bad guy.

I hope there's another DD board you can join. Dealing with idiots especially when they're either mod or admin which makes them unavoidable isn't fun.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:00 pm

CeCe wrote:
    She's one of those people who wants to mod at every board she's a member. Which means she wants to control everyone's actions. The gotta be "important" type. ...

Oh that would destroy a board for me. I come to these places for fun and relaxation and interaction.

I am a mod on the movie section of one board. I don't have permissions to ban but I can delete posts and move threads. I hate to interfere and try to step lightly.

If it is obvious spam it's gone and I will move a thread posted in 'my' domain, New Movies if they are not new (and leave a forward msg for a few days).

Oh, this is on a free-speech themed board so I am very conscious of the fact that ppl don't want the authorities taking liberties with their communications.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Some people are not happy unless they are starting some kind of trouble. The last board I was on, I was a moderator and the Admin was a real jerk. He used to chime in on posts that had nothing to do with him. His girlfriend was on the board and they used to have fights in the general forum for everyone to see. He also used to get really vicious with other posters and ban anyone that did not bow down to him. Needless to say I finally left the board and now its totally gone.

Sounds familiar. This woman would come into threads with no contribution other than to "remind" everyone. It's nice when you can be on a board & discuss whatever in a civil way without interference from someone who wants to push their own personal thing into it. They're the ones who end up destroying the place.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:05 pm

I know how you feel. I was once a member of a forum that was just very nasty in temperament. The whole mood there was annoyingly sarcastic and pretentious. Many of the members were snarkly, argumentative and petty, and often would openly kiss up to the mods, in an attempt to allow them leverage to tattle and call for help if their childishness irritated another member to the point where they'd put them in their place. The mods, in the meantime, played favorites, were vindictive and often on a power trip. Once a member posted a long message about how childish and immature the tone of the board was, and how she had better things to do than to continue playing in that sandbox. I replied, saying that I agreed with everything she wrote. The next time I attempted to log in, I received a 'you've been banned' message–all because I dared to agree.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Sucks. being banned is no fun. Mods can be such hardasses at other forums.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Well that sucks Rockbird. I imagine there were others there that you did like to chat with and now you can not do that.

We are so glad to have you here though!!!
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:34 pm

I just left the forum at Nine Inch Nails (NIN.com) last month due to excessive troll activity, in the form of about 5 people, one being one of the mods. The ringleader decided she hated me for various reasons and started really harrassing me, following me in the threads, and we got into a super-heated discussion in one of the threads about God and religion and she got pissed that she couldn't blast me on that topic because I always had a comeback with quotable proof of my stance.

Long story short, we also had a thread at NIN called "The Shitlist" where you could take your fights with other members and flame away--no holds barred. So the Troll Posse, me and another member who's a close friend of mine and was on my side, ended up in the Shitlist and it got very ugly, but we managed to expose the mod and the other jerks for what they really were.

The both of us then left because we'd decided that enough was enough, and something ultra-fishy was going on because the main troll should've been banned long ago for picking fights with other members, but never was. We figured she had something on someone, for the rest of the mods to turn a blind eye, yet ban others for far lesser offenses.

I had my account closed, but I still check in offline daily to make sure this one person is behaving herself and not dragging my name through the mud in absentee, like she did right after I left. So far so good, and I haven't felt the need to start a new account and nail her ass to the wall.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Today I plan on listening to a lot of Duran. And composing a letter to the admin once I get back on the board.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:47 pm

sux to hear rock, how are you doin at janet xone? i havent been there for a minute
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:48 pm

I never really log in anymore since I joined this place, actually!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:04 am