CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Supernova
Chris
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
AtownPeep
11 posters

What childhood toy did you desperately want that your parents refused to give you?

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

What childhood toy did you desperately want that your parents refused to give you? Empty What childhood toy did you desperately want that your parents refused to give you?

Post by AtownPeep Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:52 pm

When you were a kid was there a toy or game you wanted bad, but your parents wouldn't get it for you? I remember being 9 years old and wanting this sharp new bike that I saw in a toy store window by my house. I begged and begged and pleaded and pleaded. Neither of my parents even pretended like there was enough chores I could do to get it.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

What childhood toy did you desperately want that your parents refused to give you? Empty Re: What childhood toy did you desperately want that your parents refused to give you?

Post by Cheaps Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:31 pm

i dont think so...
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

What childhood toy did you desperately want that your parents refused to give you? Empty Re: What childhood toy did you desperately want that your parents refused to give you?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:14 pm

I can't remember a toy but when The Monkees What childhood toy did you desperately want that your parents refused to give you? B0000033O4.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_were the rage I wanted a pair of Monkee boots (sort of like this) What childhood toy did you desperately want that your parents refused to give you? Italianrange but they wouldn't let me have them because of my "flat feet".
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:24 pm

For years I desperately wanted a Barbie Dream House. I would even dream I had one then wake up all sad! I loved Barbies so much and that would have made life perfcet!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:28 pm

I wanted a drum set, but that proved to be a losing argument.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:43 pm

I can't remember any particular one, there were a few:

Forbidden Bridge

Doughnut Disaster

There was a certain kind of dollhouse, I can't think of its name, it had lights that turned on and stuff like that so I thought it was sooooooooo cool

A 3 in 1 pool, air hockey and ping pong table

One of those creepy crawly bakers where you make candy in the shapes of spiders and centipedes and stuff, my mom thought that was SO gross, LOL

My brother and I both wanted the Power Rangers Green Ranger Dragon dagger

There was some new kind of water gun set that it wasn't like a super soaker, it was something you wore near your eye like today's microphones and you squirted people through that

Laser tag

Gator Golf

Sloppy Joe's

Topple

Moon shoes

I was a greedy little bastard as a kid, I wanted just about everything I saw
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:51 pm

My parents once bought me a transvestite doll.

Really, there wasn't a whole lot that was outlawed. Ha.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:31 am

I had all the toys I wanted. Don't know if I asked for them or not. Got a chemistry set, a microscope, Visible Man & Woman, Thinking Man Skull, model airplanes.

Besides I was too busy collecting rocks and bugs and doing dangerous experiments with electricity to worry about toys.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:41 am

Wasn't a toy, but I really wanted a keyboard. My parents wisely didn't get me one, as I'd given up piano and really wasn't musically inclined.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:30 am

Shale wrote:Besides I was too busy collecting rocks and bugs and doing dangerous experiments with electricity to worry about toys.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:58 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Wasn't a toy, but I really wanted a keyboard. My parents wisely didn't get me one, as I'd given up piano and really wasn't musically inclined.

It was the opposite with me. They got me a keyboard, with a synthetic drum sound affect (and volume.) That was their alternative to buying me a live set of drums that I could actually learn how to play.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:33 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
    Shale wrote:Besides I was too busy collecting rocks and bugs and doing dangerous experiments with electricity to worry about toys.

Oh yes, my room was in the basement, where I was a good kid who made very little noise.

Did you know you can make an arc light with two graphite pencils and housecurrent? blank stare @ you
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:38 am

Well, pretty much everything I wanted, I got. However, there was a time when I thought I wasn't going to get something. There was this Rockin' Rope that I desperately wanted and that my dad said he wasn't going to buy for me because it was too much money to be spending on a jump rope. The rope had speakers on the handles and played music while you were jumping. It was only about $20. He was just being cheap, IMO. I carried on about that rope for about month and a half. I finally got it for my birthday.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:05 pm

Being an only child, I usually got what I wanted. When I was about 8, I remember wanting a Commodore 64 computer....THAT, I didn't get. My parents knew better than to buy me that, because I would have broken it....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:10 am