CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? Empty It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:25 am

Just wondering what people think about this. I saw an interview today on The View with they guy who played Vince on Will and Grace. I really loved what he said about his romantic relationship and his son, from a previous marriage.

He said raising his son was easier because people enter relationships with baggage, and people have to figure out how their baggage fits into the other's baggage.

I thought that was a really good point.

Even if you are not with your child 100% of the time, they do reflect you. Whereas a person you are attempting to get serious with, may not at all, and you have to find that common ground.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? Empty Re: It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?

Post by Marc™ Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:32 am

I don't think it's hard to have a successful relationship as a single parent....if from day 1 you set the tone to your partner how involved you are in raising your kids, and where they fall in your life. The other person sees this from the top and will immediately adjust. It only becomes a problem with the parent is vague and sets no tones about priority.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? Empty Re: It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent?

Post by Chris Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:23 am

Marc™ wrote:I don't think it's hard to have a successful relationship as a single parent....if from day 1 you set the tone to your partner how involved you are in raising your kids, and where they fall in your life. The other person sees this from the top and will immediately adjust. It only becomes a problem with the parent is vague and sets no tones about priority.

I agree. It's usually not the children, themselves, who add baggage to a dating relationship; but rather their other parent (i.e., the ex.)
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Marc™ wrote:I don't think it's hard to have a successful relationship as a single parent....if from day 1 you set the tone to your partner how involved you are in raising your kids, and where they fall in your life. The other person sees this from the top and will immediately adjust. It only becomes a problem with the parent is vague and sets no tones about priority.

It is harder to raise kids, single or have a successful romantic relationship as a single parent? 35166

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am