CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
Chris
6 posters

Acquitted defendants filing lawsuits

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Acquitted defendants filing lawsuits Empty Acquitted defendants filing lawsuits

Post by Chris Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 am

In Toronto, a man was accused of sexual misconduct with an underage boy. The child's mother found incriminating Facebook messages between the man and her son. Police later discovered that the mother had hacked into the mans account and planted the messages. He was charged, but ultimately acquitted. Now he's suing the police department.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/05/man-acquitted-on-child-sex-charges-plans-to-sue-police

How do you feel about the wrongly accused/acquitted should file lawsuits against their accusers/the state? Is it something that should be more encouraged, or discouraged?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Acquitted defendants filing lawsuits Empty Re: Acquitted defendants filing lawsuits

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 am

I think encouraged, somebody wrongs you on an epic scale, in the legal system, why let them get away with it? Of course the problem is it isn't fool proof so you'd have a few guilty as hell people filing as well for show or whatever.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Acquitted defendants filing lawsuits Empty Re: Acquitted defendants filing lawsuits

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 am

Well, I think this is a different type of case...

He should sue the woman. The police were only doing their jobs. It's a tricky situation.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:22 am

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:Well, I think this is a different type of case...

He should sue the woman. The police were only doing their jobs. It's a tricky situation.

Yes, the woman should be sued big time and if the police were doing their job, hopefully she was arrested for the several illegal things she did, starting with the hacking, malicious endangerment and filing false police reports.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:31 am

So, I just read the full article.

That cop should be fired. Sued? I'm not entire sold. But definitely and made an example of.

Also, I want to know the woman's motives.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 pm

He claims it’s not about the money, that he wants the police to follow proper procedure so this doesn’t happen to again and I take him at his word. If this happened to me I would want the woman in jail and the $5 million from the police because they fucked up and her pockets ain’t that deep.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:36 pm

On second thought, I would sue her too just to have a big award hanging over her head. Go ahead and play the lottery, bitch.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:55 pm

In this case, he should sue the mother.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:53 am