CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Chris
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Marc™
8 posters

The Borders Books In My Area Closed

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The Borders Books In My Area Closed Empty The Borders Books In My Area Closed

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:00 am

I drove by there tonight, pulled into a vacant parking lot....and saw a sign on the door thanking customers for the last 17 years of business....and that an alternate Borders Bookstore could be found in some suburb that I'm not that familiar with, and isn't close to me.

Another thing from childhood/young adulthood killed by the Internet. pissed
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

The Borders Books In My Area Closed Empty Re: The Borders Books In My Area Closed

Post by Cheaps Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 am

I'm sorry, we've never had one of those around here
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

The Borders Books In My Area Closed Empty Re: The Borders Books In My Area Closed

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:27 am

We used to go to the Boarders in the next town but the internet and the Barnes & Noble that came in killed it a while ago.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 am

Yes, unfortunately Borders is going the way of Blockbuster Video. There used to be one on every other corner, now you have to search for them, and it's usually not a convenient location. They're hellbent on getting us to shop online.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:47 am

The big Borders (affectionately called Big Borders) in downtown Boston is going out of business. When I found out, my heart dropped.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Marc, sorry to hear that.

Aren't signs that say "Thank you for x amount of years..." so sad? I saw one recently on a mom and pop cafe and it was sad.

It is so sad that our book stores are leaving us left and right. We have a magazine place downtown that has been there for years. I sure hope they make it because they are a staple for people who grew up in this area. I know what the history of that place means to people around here.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:06 pm

We lost ours a few months back. Most of the express ones disappeared too. I feel sad, but on the other hand, I always found them to be WAY overpriced as well. If you want to stay competitive, you gotta have better deals.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:34 pm

The Boarders in the mall by my house is still holding up. I'm surprised. They're about to become another Walden's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:04 pm